Nintendo Switch Online: N64 Games Fail to load after update to 16.0.2

iwantcs6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, this one is pretty weird (at least one of what I've seen on my switch the last several years). I updated to 16.0.2 today, and while I was at it, went ahead and updated a few games, including Nintendo Switch Online: Nintendo 64. The game updated fine (v 2.10.0) and when I load it, it loads up just fine. The new game (Pokemon Stadium) appeared (5 times with all the various language versions) and everything seemed fine. But when I try to select a game to load it, it just hangs on the black screen, as if it's trying to load it but cant. If I leave the app (home button) and quit it ('x') it, it takes a good 30 seconds then says the software closed due to an error.

I thought maybe the game had become corrupted or something, so I re-installed a fresh download of the update, no luck. I decided to archive the game and then reinstall the base, and the update, no luck. Finally I thought maybe I could go back a version (not expecting it to work, but trying everything at this point) and it wont even let me try to open it because it knows there is an updated version that's missing.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any suggestions on what I could do to make these games load like normal?

Not sure if it's related, but I feel like the switch is running noticeably slower since updating today, and games take considerably longer to load. Is that a known issue with 16.0.2? Or maybe a side affect of some other issue I might have going on?

iwantcs6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found an update for Nintendo Switch Online: Nintendo 64 (v 2.10.1) yesterday and just installed it, hoping it would solve the issue, but it's still present. Exact same behavior as before. Game loads just fine, you can select any title and once you open it, it just goes to a black screen. Hopefully a solution is out there. Will continue to update this thread as I try things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if RetroArch has improved it's UI or not