Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

NWwind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
having a modded switch equates to an inevitable ban (or staying offline forever which is essentially the same) UNLESS you keep proper clean nand backups. Then you can restore to boot ofw without getting banned
What is the definition of "clean nand" actually? Just no pirated games on the switch is ok?

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch has finally been banned but it was my own stupidity that let me down, just not thinking, it wasn’t games/certifies, it wasn’t cfw homebrew nsp installs, nothing like that! I stupidly connected a YouTube account on my nsw that shows an uploaded video of a wiiu running a very early version of the 5.3.2 exploit of course YouTube banned my switch app first then two days later Nintendo banned the console as far as I know it’s an online ban I cannot connect to anything online 2124-4007 eshop error I presume that’s a standard console ban. I totally forgot about the wiiu video and that ended my very lengthy run so yes it’s been fun and I have had a good run to be fair, just be very careful what you put and view on your YouTube app that’s all I can say.

Banning a console for looking at hacking videos on the youtube app? What you look at on youtube should not matter. I wonder if nintendo purposely checks flags sent from youtube if they send them. In your case it seems they do. Does the youtube app tunnel through nintendos servers?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Banning a console for looking at hacking videos on the youtube app? What you look at on youtube should not matter. I wonder if nintendo purposely checks flags sent from youtube if they send them. In your case it seems they do. Does the youtube app tunnel through nintendos servers?
Seems like an unreliable and risky method that would leave Nintendo banning completely clean consoles.

They always can check the client agent and see that certain hacking video was played from Switch, but again it would be risky for Nintendo ban consoles for looking certain YouTube videos.

NWwind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I am using ReiNX and I toggled AutoRCM with the toolkit. Then every time I boot up my switch it will run into RCM and ReiNX payload will be pushed. If I turn off AutoRCM, ReiNX don't load (I don't know) and I cannot access Homebrew through Album. Will I still get banned in this situation?

Sakuraibr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am using ReiNX and I toggled AutoRCM with the toolkit. Then every time I boot up my switch it will run into RCM and ReiNX payload will be pushed. If I turn off AutoRCM, ReiNX don't load (I don't know) and I cannot access Homebrew through Album. Will I still get banned in this situation?
Yes, you will since a lot of your NAND files has already been unofficialy modified (through past patching and stuff).
To get most of the chance to not get banned you must restore your clean NAND backup (the one you make before entering CFW for the first time, if you made one) and your Switch will restore the pre modified state.
If you boot to stock firmware after you already has used a custom one and go online, you will be banned sooner or later.

Good luck!

Last edited by Sakuraibr,

NWwind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I used ReiNX Toolkit to backup my NAND before. Is this a clean NAND in actual? I didn't do any stuff with HB and the CFW before it.

Last edited by NWwind,

Tumoche

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I used ReiNX Toolkit to backup my NAND before. Is this a clean NAND in actual? I didn't do any stuff with HB and the CFW before it.
I mean its not the cleanest but certanly better than nothing

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2S mediante Tapatalk

Sakuraibr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ReiNX Toolkit is not a RCM NAND backup tool (such as Hekate) and if you used it, odds is that the firmware was already patched when you made the NAND backup, and your Switch may still be not safe to connect to the internet even after NAND restore because of that.
Reports says it's safer but I wouldn't test the luck on this one unless you really need to connect to the internet, which doesn't give you much options insted of using this backup.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually had a YouTube video on my channel showing an early wiiu 5.3.2 exploit running and I had connected that channel to my YouTube app on my switch YouTube then banned the app obviously reported it too Nintendo and they banned the console two days later but yes I do agree I think it’s very unreasonable and I am going to get in touch with Nintendo but it’s actually a nsw for my 8 year old son but I use it so I feel like shit tbh he doesn’t understand why he can’t go online it’s not his fault so he should not be punished it was my fault.

Reactions: TotalJustice

NWwind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ReiNX Toolkit is not a RCM NAND backup tool (such as Hekate) and if you used it, odds is that the firmware was already patched when you made the NAND backup, and your Switch may still be not safe to connect to the internet even after NAND restore because of that.
Reports says it's safer but I wouldn't test the luck on this one unless you really need to connect to the internet, which doesn't give you much options insted of using this backup.
So if I use it online I still risk getting banned? Any way to get a clear NAND backup after using HB or the CFW thing?

Sakuraibr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So if I use it online I still risk getting banned? Any way to get a clear NAND backup after using HB or the CFW thing?

No, it is not possible to get a clear NAND backup if it's not yours.

If you want to go online again, you have three options:
  • Restore the NAND you have and go online. (Logs will not be cleared and Nintendo might ban for libnx logs)
  • Clear the error logs and go online.
  • Restore the NAND you have + clear the error logs and go online. (might be safer, but Nintendo is also banning for clearing logs.)

All of these options might lead to a ban in different degrees so pick one and good luck.

NWwind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Then I think I might not restore the NAND as it still has the risk of getting banned. Thx 4 solving my question. I will just go online with my current NAND as I'm not modding it too much.

Sakuraibr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Then I think I might not restore the NAND as it still has the risk of getting banned. Thx 4 solving my question. I will just go online with my current NAND as I'm not modding it too much.
No problem! It's your choice.
Let's hope everything goes well ^^

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the deal with custom xci's? Are they nsp's baked in with updates and converted to xci?

If I attach a custom header to one, will Nintendo be able to tell a difference from a normal xci?

I somehow haven't been banned yet, and I know I will eventually, just wondering if these are more risky to use than normal xci's.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the deal with custom xci's? Are they nsp's baked in with updates and converted to xci?

If I attach a custom header to one, will Nintendo be able to tell a difference from a normal xci?

I somehow haven't been banned yet, and I know I will eventually, just wondering if these are more risky to use than normal xci's.
They're not .NSP files merged with a .XCI file. Some games are embedded with updates in the .XCI file (newer cartridge revisions) so that tool duplicates that functionality by embedding any update into the .XCI file. For DLC, I believe this doesn't happen naturally but the tool strips them of their title rights so in theory, they should look identical to an embedded update but don't quote me on that.

So merging .XCI files with updates seems pretty safe to me since certain .XCI files actually come with them but DLC I am a little apprehensive about.

Reactions: Whole lotta love

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not .NSP files merged with a .XCI file. Some games are embedded with updates in the .XCI file (newer cartridge revisions) so that tool duplicates that functionality by embedding any update into the .XCI file. For DLC, I believe this doesn't happen naturally but the tool strips them of their title rights so in theory, they should look identical to an embedded update but don't quote me on that.

So merging .XCI files with updates seems pretty safe to me since certain .XCI files actually come with them but DLC I am a little apprehensive about.

Thanks you rule.

I'm going to update my report since it's been a while I've started using .nsp's

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to?

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? Y
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N
Trimmed .XCI? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? Y
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.1
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? Y
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Y
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? Both (only updated .XCI's that I dumped myself, in both CFW & OFW)
Did you ever use ReiNX?N
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y/N (Retroarch, snes9x, FBA, waindumper, NX-Shell)
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Console/Account Region(s) NA
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? SX PRO
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? I use the dongle that came with my SX Pro that I slide down the joycon slot. I think that means Yes
if Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
Additional Comments

I got SX Pro when it first came out, have been using it with my own dumps since, including online. Have played like 10 hours of splatoon with my backed up xci and cert. Same with Mario Odyssey. Kept connected to wifi the entire time.
Pretty sure I updated games while in CFW too.

I also used some emulators at the same time, as well as WAIN Dumper to dump my carts.

2-3 months ago I installed the SX update with Stealth mode so I use that, as well as blocking the telemetry ip's on my wifi.

Around this time I bought some games from the eshop, and installed some .nsp files. I have only used these .nsp files with Stealth Mode on.

About a month ago I started using .XCI files that weren't my own dumps, with my own headers (from Zelda BoTW).

I think maybe buying games on the eshop has played a role in me not getting banned but who knows. I also have a switch online subscription via family plan

Last edited by Whole lotta love,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Aldyzard

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have a banned switch and I would like to buy another one.If I insert the game cartridges that I used in the banned switch in the new switch will the new one be banned too?Sorry for my bad english but I'm italian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Catboy back in chat. :ninja:
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Don't forget to pet it for good luck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That cat bites
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hmmm yes she does
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Psi had my footlong meatball special +1