Not open for further replies.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS has been somewhat of a disappointment to me since the very first year of its release. No 2D Metroid, no F-Zero, no arcade Punch-out (which was already a dual-screened game, BTW), no REALLY good racing games (don't talk to me about MKDS), no decent 3D space shooters (StarFox was WAY too limited), way too much shovelware/kiddy/cutesy/girly games, piss-poor online abilities...etcetera, ad nauseum. And as far as I can see, none of the wanted games are coming, but there's plenty more shovelware on the way. There MIGHT be a good game or two in the mix somewhere every 30 releases or so, but even that is highly subjective.

I knew that Ninty was generally a kiddy system when I bought my first GBA, but at least there was many GOOD games on the GBA and I was content to filter though all the kiddy/cutesy crap to find the gems. The lameness of the majority of released games has reached epic proportions over the last few years with their "casual gamer" baloney on the DS though. It seems to me that "casual gaming" is just a slick way of saying "quickly thrown together garbage for noobs". It's more like "casual programming" than "casual gaming" if you ask me. Veteran (or old-school) gamers (such as myself) are left in the dust with only a handful of games that were made truly for us. Hard-core gamers are constantly disappointed by the mediocrity, dumbing-down and short length of the games released for them.
This is not to say that I hate ALL the games on the DS, some are actually good, but those really GOOD games are VERY far and VERY few between.

It seems to me that Nintendo has a different idea of what a "core gamer" is compared to the rest of the world. They constantly ignored gamers' requests and ideas for games on the old NSider board, so much so that they closed it down simply so they don't have to hear it from us anymore, I believe. Someone needs to interview some Ninty big-wig and ask them to define "core gamer". I'd really like to hear their definition of that term.

In fact, if it wasn't for the 3rd-party games, flashcarts, the emu's and homebrew for the DS, I probably would have dumped off the DS long ago. Seriously.

Yes, yes, I know, ALL systems have their fair share of crap games, but come on already! The DS has really been pouring it on thick with the pure crap.

And the Wii......well.....all it has going for it is a gimmicky controller and a couple popular games. I expected a handheld to be underpowered, but the Wii....yikes. I'd say it's much less than half the power of its current gen competitors. The Wii sucked-in a lot of people with the idea of the WiiMote, but Ninty went a totally different direction with it than what people were imagining when they first heard about it, I'd venture to say.

It amazes me that the Wii is as successful as it is. Even the so-called AAA games failed to impress me much. They were decent enough games to be sure, but I could really see the weakness of the system in those games at the same time.....I think how much better they could have been on a PS3 or X-Box 360 and I can do nothing but shake my head at the success of the Wii.

I actually expected this year's Nintendo E3 show to be as anti-climactic as it was, what with the plethora of tripe I've been seeing on the DS (and Wii). Nintendo has all but forgotten what true gaming is. They are catering to "casual gamers" excessively and only throwing the occasional bone to the hardcore/veteran gamers. Sad but true.

We can only hope that Ninty is holding out 'till the last day to show the good stuff, or that they are waiting for one of the other events to really show the good stuff. But I don't know anymore. Seems Ninty is just resting on its laurels right now.

People saying that complainers should shut up:
I paid money for the system. I bought the games before I learned of flashcarts. Expectations were not lived up to for the money I have shelled out. I have been VERY disappointed with the quality of the games on the DS. Many of us have. We need to vent that frustration somewhere. Where better than a pro-Nintendo forum?
If YOU are happy with the games currently on the DS, more power to you. I really wish I could be as happy. But I feel like I got burnt by buying a DS. The ratio of good games to bad is quite vast. Don't tell me you have never bought games you were very interested in only to find out they sucked when you played them. I'd put the "bought game disappointment rate" at about 70% myself. That is why we complain. We ARE all entitled to our opinions of what has transpired.

deez_nutz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
deez_nutz said:
Mewgia said:
You are obviously not a fanboy

And you obviously are. I guess that makes us even.

Believe it or not I was just making a joke about how you are flaming so-called "fanboys" with very, VERY fanboyish statements and arguments.

I do not recall posting in this thread anything that would point to me being a fanboy

How about your last two posts?

See here the thing Little Billy, telling complainers to STFU because there are bigger problems in the World does not make me a fanboy. Reminding people that Nintendo doesn't care about E3 also does not prove any bias on my part. (Last year it was "here's Wii fit, see ya!")

However your defensive posture and the laughible way you listed the consoles you owned DOES make you a fanboy. Only a fanboy would take offense to my statements.

Everyone else knows I'm right.

Now please, why don't you and the TC go share a box of tissues?

deez_nutz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sc4rFac3d said:
deez_nutz said:
Sc4rFac3d said:
deez_nutz said:
Finally, there are children in the World who live without food, clothing, or even fucking shoes. It makes me sick to see a bunch of pathetic nerds compalining that their favorite company didn't deliver what THEY wanted. (although in this case this topic is really more about fanboy propaganda.)
Oh wow, but I suppose it's cool to troll other companies? You're just as pathetic, if not, even more.

I'm not in favor of trolling any company. And with your moronic post you basically admitted that trolling is your real purpose in this thread.

Thanks for that self ownage. I was getting tired of humiliating fanbabies such as yourself.
Do you even realize what you say anymore?

"You're cheating!"
"No I'm not. And by accusing me of cheating, you're actually cheating yourself! Huurrrr, moran." - logic 101

Try thinking up of a new method now to "shoot" down those arguments.

That's your best argument?

rolleyes.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deez_nutz said:
Mewgia said:
deez_nutz said:
Mewgia said:
You are obviously not a fanboy

And you obviously are. I guess that makes us even.

Believe it or not I was just making a joke about how you are flaming so-called "fanboys" with very, VERY fanboyish statements and arguments.

I do not recall posting in this thread anything that would point to me being a fanboy

How about your last two posts?

See here the thing Little Billy, telling complainers to STFU because there are bigger problems in the World does not make me a fanboy. Reminding people that Nintendo doesn't care about E3 also does not prove any bias on my part. (Last year it was "here's Wii fit, see ya!")

However your defensive posture and the laughible way you listed the consoles you owned DOES make you a fanboy. Only a fanboy would take offense to my statements.

Now please, why don't you and the TC go share a box of tissues?

ahahaha

How about my last two posts? I already covered those. One was a joke, the other one was explained in the part of my post that you didn't quote.
It's not necessarily the arguments you have(though honestly playing the "starving children" card is funny), it's the way you deliver them. For example, there are only two types of people who would say:

"However your defensive posture and the laughible way you listed the consoles you owned DOES make you a fanboy. Only a fanboy would take offense to my statements.

Now please, why don't you and the TC go share a box of tissues?"

Those two types are people like DrKupo who do it mostly for fun (or at least appear to), and fanboys. Since you aren't funny, you fall into the latter category. And believe it or not, that was not a list of the consoles I own. I have more, I just didn't want to get excessive.

I'd go on but it's not worth it, everybody in this thread that I've seen is obviously against you and you either a) don't get it or b) realize this but are too brash/stupid/ect to give it up.

Have fun.

deez_nutz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sc4rFac3d said:
No worries, you've proved my point, again. I'm done.

I must have missed that part.

QUOTE(Sc4rFac3d @ Jul 16 2008, 02:02 AM) I'm done.

Run along now.

(lol, nice cop out)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of your or Nintendo's definition of "core gamer" is, Nintendo knows that there is a much bigger market from the casual gamers, aka the "non-gamers". Just think about it, are there more gamers than non-gamers in this world? Of course there are more non-gamers, and to win those people over would mean big profits, much larger than what the gaming world can ever give to Nintendo.

But if you really want to blame something, blame Sony and Microsoft. Because of them, the competition in the gaming market is very fierce. We already know that Nintendo cannot triumph with Mario and Zelda games alone, regardless of how good they are. Where can Nintendo turn to? The casual gaming market. Thus the DS and Wii were born, shovelware released, and you fanboys started complaining.

Edit: My post was a response to Rayder's post, I love how 5 flames erupted in between our posts in the time I took to write this.

deez_nutz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
I'd go on but it's not worth it, everybody in this thread that I've seen is obviously against you and you either a) don't get it or b) realize this but are too brash/stupid/ect to give it up.

Have fun.

No actually there are logical people in this thread who agree with me. And you don't have a sound reasonable arguement to counter my own words. Basically you don't have the skills.

And yet another fanboy runs away from this thread.

I'm sorry, am I ruining your trolling?

deez_nutz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Regardless of your or Nintendo's definition of "core gamer" is, Nintendo knows that there is a much bigger market from the casual gamers, aka the "non-gamers". Just think about it, are there more gamers than non-gamers in this world? Of course there are more non-gamers, and to win those people over would mean big profits, much larger than what the gaming world can ever give to Nintendo.

But if you really want to blame something, blame Sony and Microsoft. Because of them, the competition in the gaming market is very fierce. We already know that Nintendo cannot triumph with Mario and Zelda games alone, regardless of how good they are. Where can Nintendo turn to? The casual gaming market. Thus the DS and Wii were born, shovelware released, and you fanboys started complaining.

Edit: My post was a response to Rayder's post, I love how 5 posts of flames erupted in between our posts in the time I took to write this.

That's actually an interesting point but here's where you are wrong. The shovelware plague began in the PSX era. Sony opened those flood gates and they have never closed.

The basic rule of thumb is simple. The market leader will ALWAYS have the most shovel ware.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deez_nutz said:
Mewgia said:

Have fun.

No actually there are logical people in this thread who agree with me. And you don't have a sound reasonable arguement to counter my own words. Basically you don't have the skills.

YES OF COURSE MY TROLLING IS RUINED BAWWWW

just kidding you're still an idiot

(I realized that while I may have the "skills" to put up an argument against whatever your points are, I do not have the "skills" to back out of an argument so easily)

Also: I'd like to see these logical people that are agreeing with you and whatever your point was. Maybe I missed something because reading through 6 pages of longish flamey posts is not my idea of fun (though it can be if it involves someone who is funny about it).

Honestly the only intelligent post I've seen in this thread recently is Rayder's long one above.

j5c077

some old guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
QUOTE said:
AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THEIR GAMES DESERVE TO BE PIRATED. KEEP DOWNLOADING, FELLOW GBATEMPERS

This I can agree with.

probably

but what good is all the shovelware but a waste of my bandwidth, blanks, and space in disc storage?

lol

deez_nutz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
deez_nutz said:
Mewgia said:

Have fun.

YES OF COURSE MY TROLLING IS RUINED BAWWWW

just kidding you're still an idiot

Aww you hurt my feelings.
laugh.gif

Hey, at least you're being honest about being a troll. And the funny thing is you said you were leaving this thread.

I guess my comments made you feel so insecure that you just had to respond one more time. That's ok. I always welcome the opportunity to humiliate trolls.

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Angry Sony Fan: NINTENDO SUCKED THIS YEAR (OMG, WHY DID WE LOSE FINAL FANTASY? WHY? *SOB*)

Disappointed Nintendo Fan: WAH I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANT

Trolls: OMG THIS SHIT SUCKS

Voice of Reason: If you don't like it don't support the company

Idiots: TROLL!!! HOW DARE YOU?! TROLLL!!!

Guy Sitting Quietly in the Background: I like Animal Crossing.

Guy who needs more Cowbell gets what he asked for...

cowbell.gif

___

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
feds4u said:
Angry Nintendo Fan: NINTENDO SUCKED THIS YEAR (OMG, WHY DID WE LOSE FINAL FANTASY? WHY? *SOB*)

Disappointed Nintendo Fan: WAH I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANT

Trolls: OMG THIS SHIT SUCKS

Voice of Reason: If you don't like it don't support the company

Idiots: TROLL!!! HOW DARE YOU?! TROLLL!!!

Guy Sitting Quietly in the Background: I like Animal Crossing.

Guy who needs more Cowbell gets what he asked for...

cowbell.gif

___
Fixed.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
feds4u said:
coolbho3000 said:
Agenda, agenda, agenda, agenda

Fixed

Please look more into my history before you make false assumptions about me. I'll add to this post as I find more.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=621...mp;#entry801972
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=633...mp;#entry840800
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=657...mp;#entry860523 - How awesome SMG is ^^

If I was truly anti-Nintendo, how could I make over 1300 posts in a forum specifically about Nintendo? >.>

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Gawd, wasn't I right?
The biggest troll of all isn't mewgia or deez-nutz, it's ninty.
Let's face it, This year's E3 was a big FUCK YOU to gamers. Not to the "hardcore" little shits who want bewbz'n'blood'n'gunz in their games since GOW3, GOW2 (lol @ acronyms), MAG were showcased, the animetards got their fix with final androgynous spamfest, but to the people who GREW UP with the nes. And I'm saying this after seeing ALL conferences, ALL of them were shitfests, featured casual rip-off shit (microsoft with singstar, oh wait IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT NOT A RIPOFF and the Xiis, sony advertising video on demand during a VIDEOGAME EXPO, and actually being proud of resistance 2's BROOOOOOOWN graphics, showcasing home for what now, the third year in a row? And nintendo focusing on the casual games, even though core games *are* probably coming)

Well, there ARE some cool games headed for the wii, remember? Conduit, Madworld, Warioland SHAKE IT, doesn't it ring a bell?
Now, the PROBLEM is, Ninty devoted all of its panel time for stupid graphs and showcasing trailers we'd seen before and animal crossing, which is.... Not really hardcore. Wii Music, which really looks underwhelming to be honest. Are they gonna show it at next year's E3, because I couldn't find a release date. That's pretty embarrassing as well. Oh, and remember the philosophy behind the wiimote? To avoid having to buy a peripheral for shooting games, fishing games, and whatnot? Then why is my living-room cluttered with a plastic wheel, plastic zapper shell, and soon another thing to clip on your wiimote? Overall, I'm happy about wii sports 2, and... Uhhh... Hang on, the snowboarding game might be worth it since I do have wii fit.. GTA on the DS? I already have a PSP, thank you very much.

But I said this earlier, Nintendo COULD HAVE worked hard to satisfy gamers, but they won't budge an INCH as long as they're on top. Why would they? If YOU were number one, you'd take a fucking vacation, right?

So, to all the people who troll the boards right now, saying they're disappointed with ninty : KEEP DOING IT! We trolled the FUCK outta the PSP and look where it got us, 80 bucks on ebay pre-modded. It's a GOOD strategy.
THEN, put your money where your mouth is and SELL THAT FUCKING WII IF YOU DARE!
I know I'm still happy with Mario Kart and Brawl at least, and I just can't resell MP3, SMG, TP, NMH, SPM, RE4, RE:UC, Okami, Excite Truck...

Meanwhile, my 3rd 360 gathers DUST. Keep flirting with weeaboos, microsoft, I just don't give a fuck anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8