WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
meh, the DS and Wii kick enough ass that I could care less I mean there is still 100 DS titles I probably want to beat (including the upcoming titles) and 40 Wii games I need to take a stab at. A new Pikmin was really the ONLY thing software wise I would have liked to have seen but we know it will happen eventually.

The wiimote 1:1 thing (if it really works) is really something to hype over as Lucas really wanted a 1:1 lightsaber game and now we shall get it hopefully. That will be truly kick ass.

Hardware wise I mean a $99 redesigned DS I guess would be welcomed but I already have 4 lites so I hardly care.

Wii hardware wise, a Wii2 would piss me off, a wii graphics improvement option is highly unlikely, I mean unless Nintendo said trade in your Wii for the Wii2 for just $50 bucks, that would be something to ga-ga over.

When your on top it is hard to impress you know? Really what more hardware things could they do without pissing us off. I am even slightly pissed that I have 4 Wiimotes and may have to buy 4 more 1:1 accessories but in the end its not the end of the world. Better Wii/DS connectivity (level up RPGS on DS then transfer characters to Wii), a storage solution for Wiiware games, or better online community where the only things that would have made me go "Oh boy"

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
Come to think of it, Nintendo was always the black sheep of the three. It used to have a reputation for producing kiddy consoles, so maybe they realised that gamers would never take their family-friendly entertainment seriously and decided the casual market would be an easier target. As for E3 well, why bother developing Zelda when you can just slap a pedometer on the side of a DS and watch the cash roll in? Sad but true.

To be fair, that mostly started in the N64 Era. Before you people cry "MORTAL KOMBAT OMG" at me, I'll cry "OMG MORTAL KOMBAT II & 3" right back at you. Also, DKC sucks. Just had to say it, I'm still pissed all these years later that I wasted $60 on that game.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira if you choose to 100% believe that I pity you because their own offerings this year on the system we know of are a mix, and 3rd parties where they seem to be allowing the focus to fall on have plenty of arguments out there against your post.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vampire Hunter D said:
You (topic starter and those acting like that too) are acting like a mindless fanboy tool ass like Nintendo owes you a fucking living...
OK, Nintendo did reveal some core games at the conference. I feel as though they did everything else wrong, though.

- There were no AAA titles (besides Animal Crossing, of course, if you consider that to be an AAA title).

- They allowed themselves to be sold out by Ubisoft to demonstrate that snowboarding game. This move was pretty unprofessional, in my opinion (it was filler), and quite unfair to other third-party developers.

- Even though the development cycle for most of Nintendo's games are extremely long, I think they should have saved something for this E3. Remember two years ago at E3 2006? Nintendo's presentation was amazing. With the Wii controller, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Twilight Princess - the show was definitely geared towards hardcore gamers. Those games are what made me a Nintendo fanboy back then. Those games were worth waiting for. I don't know about you, but Wii Music isn't sounding that appealing to me right now. Call of Duty: World at War is on the other consoles with no dobut more features/better graphics. Animal Crossing isn't too appealing to me. GTA on the DS is not going to be revolutionary at all.

It looks like Nintendo's casual era has begun.

deez_nutz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
Vampire Hunter D said:
You (topic starter and those acting like that too) are acting like a mindless fanboy tool ass like Nintendo owes you a fucking living...
OK, Nintendo did reveal some core games at the conference. I feel as though they did everything else wrong, though.

Blah, blah, blah, blah

Translation = BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Admit it, you hated Nintendo before their conference even began. People like you are just pathetic.

Keep on soldiering jackass.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deez_nutz said:
coolbho3000 said:
Vampire Hunter D said:

Blah, blah, blah, blah

Admit it, you hated Nintendo before their conference even began. People like you are just pathetic.

Dude you have no idea what your talking about. Most of us Nintendo fanboys hate what Nintendo did today. We love Nintendo wand want to see it prosper but at our expense; no way. There is two type of followers;(from video game fanboys to country-wide fanboys),those that love what they love no matter what or those that love what they love but have no problem talking back because you see fault in what you love and you want to help fix it. (Sorry if you don't understand what im saying; im rushing it)Most of us real fanboys is the last one I said. Those fanboys that are getting mad that people are complaining need to realize whats going on and stop loving everything Nintendo does.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
Vampire Hunter D said:

- There were no AAA titles (besides Animal Crossing, of course, if you consider that to be an AAA title).

- They allowed themselves to be sold out by Ubisoft to demonstrate that snowboarding game. This move was pretty unprofessional, in my opinion (it was filler), and quite unfair to other third-party developers.

- Even though the development cycle for most of Nintendo's games are extremely long, I think they should have saved something for this E3. Remember two years ago at E3 2006? Nintendo's presentation was amazing. With the Wii controller, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Twilight Princess - the show was definitely geared towards hardcore gamers. Those games are what made me a Nintendo fanboy back then. Those games were worth waiting for. I don't know about you, but Wii Music isn't sounding that appealing to me right now. Call of Duty: World at War is on the other consoles with no dobut more features/better graphics. Animal Crossing isn't too appealing to me. GTA on the DS is not going to be revolutionary at all.

E3 2006! That was the make or break year for the Wii, and the last great E3 before it was downsized. You can hardly compared what is left of E3 now to then. PAX and TGS are bigger than E3 now.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I WANT ZELDA!!!! :'(
cry.gif

maybe your right Psy. Only liked Sony for Ratchet and Clank and always liked Microsoft...

this is tough, they better make an annoucement.

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
looking at the part where they showed off the duelling mini game in the new wii sport with the 1on1 control really makes me hoping that grasshopper will use that technology in a new no more heroes if it comes. ( i like to cut people)
Not a great conference game wise but it sure as hell showed great possibilities for the future.
Also E3 just started, there sure will be some other nintendo news the upcoming days

j5c077

some old guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spot on
no doubt how a ton of us are feeling, including myself

"hey, look at all the hardware we sell!!"
"and our big new games are animal crossing (obvious) and another wii sports."

wooptie doo
my wii will apparently continue to be nothing more than a dust gathering pile of crap

Draxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nintendo was Betrayer!....

They tell us that's they was showing some Hardcore Games... But no... is a lie...

ph34r.gif
... uhmm Sony most have screws.. up nintendo Memories... or someting...

Why only they show Animal Crossing Wii and not the kirby and Kid Icarus games?....

Betrayer... and liar...

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
maybe your right Psy. Only liked Sony for Ratchet and Clank and always liked Microsoft...
Same, I loved Ratchet & Clank on the PS2. And with FFXIII not exclusive for the PS3 anymore, it's probably the only reason I'd get a PS3. That and Resistance 2. Insomniac Games really are the only thing holding Sony together right now IMO.

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
deez_nutz said:
coolbho3000 said:
Vampire Hunter D said:

Blah, blah, blah, blah

You don't know how wrong you are.
frown.gif

The PS3 was my first non-Nintendo console and I bought it as a Blu-Ray player (I only have two games for it, one which is Motorstorm that came with it).
gbasp.gif
Before that I had owned the Wii, Gamecube, N64, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, and DS Lite. Nothing else. I even got the Wii and DS on the launch day.

If Nsider hadn't closed down I could show you all my various anti-Microsoft and anti-Sony statements (I had well over 3000 posts there), giant enemy crabs, RROD, etc.......

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
coolbho3000 said:
Vampire Hunter D said:

They already demonstrated a snowboarding game on WiiFit on last year's E3
tongue.gif

People overreact to much on the Internet..
sleep.gif

Dammit.. Nintendo released a new Zelda, Mario, Metroid and Pokemon in the interval of one year.. and some months later it came with Brawl and Mario Kart Wii (and SSBB was delayed).. now.. on which console has Nintendo done something like that!?
Nintendo themselves, already gave a lot of games to the hardcore crowd (or "veteran gamers" like Reggie called.. loved that name XP).. the biggest problem with the Wii is 3rd party support.. no console ever survived with 1st party alone! And about that.. Nintendo can't do much :/

Anyway..
What about all those 20 RPGs coming to the DS? GTA DS? Madworld, Sadness and The Conduit on the Wii? Yeah.. those are all very casual..
sleep.gif

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The future is just not looking too bright to me.
frown.gif

CockroachMan said:
QUOTE said:
What about all those 20 RPGs coming to the DS? GTA DS? Madworld, Sadness and The Conduit on the Wii? Yeah.. those are all very casual..
sleep.gif
I'm looking forward to The Conduit. But, we haven't heard about Sadness in a long time.

What I really wanted was at least one AAA, flagship title announced. A new or returning IP would have been ideal.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
sleep.gif
None of those are from Nintendo. I'm sad to say this too, but as of today, Nintendo is no longer the Nintendo we used to love.

At least there's still 3rd parties. Looking forward to that lightsaber Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi