Nintendo Direct - Feb 8th - Metroid Prime and Baten Kaitos remaster

Get your boarding passes ready, because the Nintendo Hype Train is about to take off. The first Nintendo Direct of 2023 is here, and will contain information regarding Switch games due out this first half of the year...mostly. There are rumors of all sorts going around, including the possibility of a Metroid announcement, GBA games for Nintendo Switch Online, and more. The 40-minute-long Direct kicks off at 4pm CST--about 45 minutes after this thread has gone live.

It begins.

Pikmin 4 is the game to start things off. There's a dog that you can control and have help you move things. Plenty of new gameplay shown, including an ice Pikmin. Launches July 21, 2023.

Masha is the newest Xenoblade character. This is the upcoming DLC to Xenoblade 3. Volume 4 has new story content. Feb 15 is the date for Volume 3.

New Samba de Amigo game, subtitled Party Central. It's a rhythm game that uses the Joy-Cons. Has multiplayer. Releases Summer 2023.

Fashion Dreamer is a new game where you pick out outfits for an influencer. It's from XSEED. Out sometime this year.

Dead Cells has a trailer for its new Castlevania themed DLC. You can fight Dracula, use a whip, features 51 Castlevania themes as well. March 6th.

TRON: Identity is a game with dialogue choices.

Ghost Trick returns in a brand new port. Summer launch, has HD visuals.

Deca Police is a game about a detective that uses VR to solve cases, there's tactical RPG elements. 2023.

Bayonetta Origins is next. The trailer introduces a demon that you can control at the same time as Bayonetta. March 17th.

New Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass. Wave 1 is Inkopolis. Spring 2023. A second wave is also on the way. Called Side Order.

Disney Illusion Island is a 2D platformer. Local multiplayer. July 28.

New Emblems are coming to Engage, featuring Soren, Hector, Camilla, Chrom/Robin, Veronica, all to be added. Fell Xenologue is a new story DLC. Wave 2 releases later today.

Harmony: The Fall of Reverie is a story game with many routes, has music from the Celeste composer, out this June.

Octopath II gets a new demo.

We <3 Katamari remaster on the way, with new challenges. June 2.

Sea of Stars is a turn-based RPG. Chrono Trigger composer made music for the game.

F2P online game Omega Strikers is an air-hockey soccer game.

The first three Etrian Odyssey games are coming to Switch. New art and new difficulty and auto map. June 1st.

Advance Wars is finally back. April 21st, for real this time.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe. You can play as Magolar. Demo available later today. Feb 24.

Game Boy games are coming to NSO. Launch games features Tetris, Super Mario Land 2, Link's Awakening DX, Gargoyle's Quest, Game & Watch 3, Alone in the Dark, Metroid 2, Wario Land 3, Kirby's Dream Land.

GBA too. For Expansion Pack. Mario Advance 4, WarioWare, Kuru Kuru Kururin, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Superstar Saga, Minish Cap. Local and online play. Launches today.

Metroid Prime is getting a remaster. Launches today. Feb 22 for physical launch.

Master Detective is a game where each detective has a supernatural power. June 30th.

Baten Kaitos is getting a remaster too. Both games. Summer.

Fantasy Life is getting a new game. 2023.

So is Layton, in the New World of Steam.

Wave 4 Mario Kart tracks. Yoshi's Island, Birdo is playable. Out Spring.

BOTW 2 is next. Gameplay and story trailer. May 12. Amiibo and collector's edition out at launch.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So Prime Remastered is actually $40, guess that's about the best price that you can expect out of Nintendo considering Return to Dreamland and Advance Wars are $60. I still don't plan to spend $120 on games I've already purchased though. $60 for all three would've made the most sense.

Reactions: James_

salv0id

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pikmin 4: Looks Awesome and a huge step up from previous games.
Metroid Prime Remaster: IT'S BEAUTIFUL!
Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom: We Besieged now.

Reactions: RobXcore

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
The only game I'm excited about is PawaPuro!! Finally, Konami brought an English version. Now let's see if it has Career Mode.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so in order as they appear (of what I care about)...

Pikmin 4 looked cool. I'll probably look into that one once it comes out.

Is TRON officially back? Seems like there have been several attempts to revive that old motorbike game, but... I don't know. TRON is just too... erm, old? I guess?

After the lead female (Hellena Taylor) left, I'm even less interested in Bayonetta now more than ever. Especially after she rallied against it. BTW, it's a little-known fact - she had asked people who wanted to buy Bayonetta 3 to donate to charity, but no one knew which ones. I dug into what she recommended. Anti-abortion clinics. Google it. Gives me a bit of respect for her, and I'm amazed at what she supports, considering this game about witchcraft.

Is Splatoon 2 officially dead? Again, WHY do we need Splatoon 3? Splatoon 2 seemed good enough, although I never played it. Why have another release on the same system? I mean, sure; they did that for past consoles, but that was before online play, DLC, and in-game shops became mainstream. Two Zelda games on GameCube made sense, but two Splatoon games exclusive to Switch? Splatoon 3, when 2 was still going strong? I still don't get it.

Fire Emblem featuring gay characters again? Some Tempers here may like it, but... eh, I'll pass.

Wow, Advance Wars is making a release... we think. I dunno, I might actually give that a try. I never played it on Game Boy Advance, so...

This Kirby game isn't really new. The story is the exact same; heck, even the levels are the same. What's new is this epilogue and some gameplay mechanics. Also, I liked the old Dedede design, not this one from Forgotten Land.

About time on the Game Boy stuff. I heard rumors of it from ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO.

Prime was a big game. I'm not surprised it's coming back.

Wait, this Layton thing is just a teaser? Hmm... Is it another Phoenix Wright crossover? Or could it be with Image & Form's Steamworld? Perhaps Zelda Spirit Tracks? We'll have to see as time goes on.

Wave 4 of Mario Kart seems small. Is it even worth a mention in a Direct? I could just have well waited for it to appear in my Nintendo Switch news feed.

Breath of the Wild 2. Big deal. 🙄 IMHO, they need to dress Link back in green. Get people familiar with the old Zelda tropes again. Fine, I'm gonna go rewatch that DidYouKnowGaming video that was DMCA'ed by Nintendo - you know which one. B-)

• Sad
Reactions: Axido

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Almost nobody mentions Bayonetta Origina here? To my own surprise this was a highlight for me. It's cute and I like the mechanics where a bot does the job of killing everyone while you make sure he's able to.

But wait, GBA only with the expansion pass? Ahahaha :D

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird Nintendo hasn't yet ported those games from the Wii U to the Switch.

Played them both and really enjoyed.
I played both the original ones. (All 3 of them) I really enjoyed them too
Post automatically merged:

Ugh just the first game, not the trilogy. And you can bet it'll still be $60.
$40, $39,99 to be exact.
Post automatically merged:

I never played Metroid Prime. But the music makes me really wanna play it. It screams GCN. B-)

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Almost nobody mentions Bayonetta Origina here? To my own surprise this was a highlight for me. It's cute and I like the mechanics where a bot does the job of killing everyone while you make sure he's able to.

But wait, GBA only with the expansion pass? Ahahaha :D
Honestly Bayo Origins is pretty cool, but I guess people just don't want to talk about Bayonetta as much after the Bayo 3 voice actor pay debacle that ended with both sides being bad.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nice, Prime 1 is {finally} coming to switch,
this {shadow dropped out of nowhere} & it is out already to play,
& it's phyiscal cart is coming march 3rd :) .

seeing this reminds me of the time back in 02 -03? when i got prime 1 for my brithday on the GC back then.

This is great news, as it means that the prime train has started going and this also means that prime 2,3 & finally prime 4 will eventually come also to switch :) .

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played Metroid Prime. And Zelda Sequel. Thats two I am after and thats about it. None else interested me at all. Not looks good to me at all. SMH.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Samba de amigo game after all this time feels overdue, to be blunt. At least if anything, the joy cons are a decent analogue to the original Maracas for the first game.

Looking forward to Katamari already. It's like one of the few series where it's impossible to stay frustrated after a session of play.

The Metroid prime ninja drop is a genuine surprise. The radio silence from Nintendo especially, had me thinking Miyamoto got whiny again and wanted to bury it, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste