Nintendo Bans

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any report of a hacked 3ds being banned and causing an unhacked switch linked to the same account to be banned? Asking for a friend.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems highly unlikely to me that Nintendo would do something like that, and I don't think I have ever heard of that occurring before.

I don't think they could legally pursure such a position as breaking tos on one product should not necessarily affect your other product.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think they could legally pursure such a position as breaking tos on one product should not necessarily affect your other product.

It would be rather extreme but they could deem you personally to be a bad actor and take steps accordingly. Any number of locations/services/businesses might ban you for life for misdeeds and this would be in line with that.
The closest I have in computer gaming (as opposed to gaming gambling) would be some of the overwatch stuff wherein they banned whole machines (no new account and copy of the game for instance). Such an act would take more than a light thumbing of your nose at them though.

Also "Asking for a friend"
Is this a new euphemism I am unaware of? I have seen it more than once in recent times.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be rather extreme but they could deem you personally to be a bad actor and take steps accordingly. Any number of locations/services/businesses might ban you for life for misdeeds and this would be in line with that.
The closest I have in computer gaming (as opposed to gaming gambling) would be some of the overwatch stuff wherein they banned whole machines (no new account and copy of the game for instance). Such an act would take more than a light thumbing of your nose at them though.

Also "Asking for a friend"
Is this a new euphemism I am unaware of? I have seen it more than once in recent times.
Good points. It's possible I suppose, but I think highly improbable. Although you can never rule out a sudden change in policy.

The "asking for a friend" is a joke going back a long way. Tongue in cheek of course.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/asking-for-a-friend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi