Nintendo and Microsoft confirm they will be part of E3 2021's event, set to take place June 12

thumbnail_image002.jpg

E3 has locked in its dates for this year's digital event, along with confirming the presence of two of the biggest names in gaming. Both Microsoft and Nintendo will be a part of it, with set shows to take place during the event. Other third-party developers announced that they would be showing off their games throughout E3 2021, as well, including Capcom, Koch Media, Konami, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., and Take-Two. Sony was not mentioned at all in the press release, presumably still trying to stay separate from E3 as they had been in recent years. E3 will take place entirely online this summer, starting on June 12th, and lasting until June 15th.

Video game industry showcase returns virtually in 2021 with confirmed partners Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, Take-Two Interactive, Warner Bros. Games and Koch Media to participate

LOS ANGELES – April 6, 2021 – It’s “Game On.” for E3, as The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) officially unveils plans for a reimagined, all-virtual E3 2021 that will engage video game fans everywhere. With early commitments from Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, Take-Two Interactive, Warner Bros. Games and Koch Media, and more to come, E3 2021 will take place June 12 through June 15.

Developers will be showcasing their latest news and games directly to fans around the world. The ESA will be working with media partners globally to help amplify and make this content available to everyone for free.

“For more than two decades, E3 has been the premier venue to showcase the best that the video game industry has to offer, while uniting the world through games,” said Stanley Pierre-Louis, President & CEO of the ESA. “We are evolving this year’s E3 into a more inclusive event, but will still look to excite the fans with major reveals and insider opportunities that make this event the indispensable center stage for video games.”

While maintaining E3’s longstanding position as a central destination for industry networking -- where new partnerships and connections between video game publishers, developers and media are made -- the digital format for E3 2021 means more people than ever can participate.

The ESA looks forward to coming back together to celebrate E3 2022 in person. In the meantime, see you online this June!

About E3

E3 is the world’s premier event for computer and video games and related products. The show is owned and operated by the ESA, the US trade association dedicated to serving the business and public affairs needs of the companies developing and publishing interactive games for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers, and the internet. For more information, visit www.e3expo.com or follow E3 on Facebook @E3Expo or Twitter @E3.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people seem to be of the opinion that online-only E3 is pointless, but I really like this organized thing where a bunch of companies announce stuff around the same time, like Christmas in July or whatever the phrase is even though I only care about one or two of the showcases
Honestly as someone who never physically goes to E3, it's all the same to me. Nintendo's move from in person presentations to Directs at E3 were always just as exciting and felt the same to me. So news like this is absolutely fine by me.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people seem to be of the opinion that online-only E3 is pointless, but I really like this organized thing where a bunch of companies announce stuff around the same time, like Christmas in July or whatever the phrase is even though I only care about one or two of the showcases
The worst part of last year's "Summer Game Fest" was that it stretched over MONTHS, meaning you'd just see pointless announcements dragged out to try to keep the "hype" of the seasonal event up, and it just got boring. There was "news" every day, and 99% of it was DLC announcements, delays, or awkward teasers with no content. The actual games could have been randomly announced via Twitter for how uneven the reveal distribution was. It felt no different from how it'd been the rest of the year that far.

At least let people get excited, by putting all the news in a few days worth of press conferences, or whatever they're doing this year. Front-load all the stuff and just throw all the plans out there.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
nintendo will just throw a direct in there and be done with it xD hopping for switch pro announcement for sure, because if they dont announce it there i doubt it exists or if it exists its not for this year imo.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo will just throw a direct in there and be done with it xD hopping for switch pro announcement for sure, because if they dont announce it there i doubt it exists or if it exists its not for this year imo.
We all know it exists... :v it's on the actual firmware right now lol

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

JavaScribe

Confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the rumours are true I bet Nintendo will announce the Switch Pro at the event...
This has been said every year since 2017... though, the - ̗̀ new ̖́- 3DS released about four years after the 3DS, so the timing would be about right. Of course, even if it is in the works, they might need to delay the announcement depending on how the silicon shortage affected them.
Guess we'll see.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
E3 is digital again? Why even bother then? Just have companies release announcements online since it's not E3 if it's not actual at the place and drop the E3 name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch