Nintendo 64 Add-Ons

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one wishing that someone would work on a new N64 add-on? It may be a bit expensive but it would be cool to have a 64-DD like device that plugs into the 2nd cartridge slot, gives HDMI and RetroArch support and simply uses the game paks and controllers (plus accessories) for gameplay. If it's all built around Android OS for some media support, the whole thing would breathe new life into the system. - wishful thinking, I know but one can dream.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
IMO, you might as well just get a ROM dumper, a USB controller/adapter (don’t know about rumble, etc.) and an Android box/RPi.

Something like this may be doable, but IMO the whole point of using real hardware is to avoid emulation.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO, you might as well just get a ROM dumper, a USB controller/adapter (don’t know about rumble, etc.) and an Android box/RPi.

Something like this may be doable, but IMO the whole point of using real hardware is to avoid emulation.
I feel ya. Lately I've been running into projects that are breathing new life into old systems. It would be cool if there was some mass effort to bring most popular consoles into the modern era by finding way to add new features. Sure the console's limitations will still stand in some areas but with the level of tech available, we could see some really impressive projects.

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: