Nintendo 3DS XL: Full Technical Specs

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone listing features made a mistake somewhere then on the 3DS. I have my router switched to N only mode and my 3DS can still connect while my dsi can not. All my device (except the psp and wii, which I don't play online anyway) have wifi N.
Wii does not have WiFi N either. N mode must have some limited backwards compatibility with G that the DSi just doesn't work with very well because I know that WiFi N was going to be NEW with Wii U and not on the Wii.

EDIT : and a quick google search seems to confirm that both Wii and 3DS have b/g adapters, no n. (the N doesn't stand for Nintendo if that's what's confusing you :P j/k)

I never said the Wii had N. Your really dumb if you think anyone thinks the n stands for nintendo. BTW welcome to my ignorelist.

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Someone listing features made a mistake somewhere then on the 3DS. I have my router switched to N only mode and my 3DS can still connect while my dsi can not. All my device (except the psp and wii, which I don't play online anyway) have wifi N.
Wii does not have WiFi N either. N mode must have some limited backwards compatibility with G that the DSi just doesn't work with very well because I know that WiFi N was going to be NEW with Wii U and not on the Wii.
EDIT : and a quick google search seems to confirm that both Wii and 3DS have b/g adapters, no n. (the N doesn't stand for Nintendo if that's what's confusing you :P j/k)
I never said the Wii had N. Your really dumb if you think anyone thinks the n stands for nintendo. BTW welcome to my ignorelist.
Sorry, Looks like I did misread the psp and wii comment. (I'm writing this in case you stumble across the comment DESPITE your ignore list :ha:.) Notice the bolded text while you're at it. It's called humor.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After looking at details and what-not, i think i'll likely end up getting one. Pretty much every other game coming out before the release i want is a 3DS game too

I'm mostly intrigued about how the 3D effect will look on a bigger screen/without the black border.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After looking at details and what-not, i think i'll likely end up getting one. Pretty much every other game coming out before the release i want is a 3DS game too

I'm mostly intrigued about how the 3D effect will look on a bigger screen/without the black border.
I'm looking forward to the fact that the bezel isn't glossy. Just conflicted between getting a white one, a silver-black one, or a Wii U.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the colors are quite nice for a launch, and the design looks pretty sleek (The 3DS design just wasnt that great to me...). I hated being stuck with my Onyx 3DS (My favorite color is red), so i'm glad to have the option at launch instead of having to pay to upgrade later.

As far as the Wii U goes, i'm still deciding if i even want one. I brought a Wii on launch day and regret it now. (Barely even play the thing outside of big parties anymore). If anything, i'll just wait to get one until Pikmin 3 or Smash Bros launches. Plus i dont even have any Wii games, so i'd have to rebuild a whole collection XD

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Even without the 3D effect I've noticed a definite improvement over the previous handhelds in graphical rendering detail but I just didn't think I could really appreciate it on such a small screen. I was hoping they would come out with an XL version. (although I still don't think I'll buy one until neimod figures out how to hack it.)

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo would have sold one to me instantly if it had a second Circle Pad. There is no way in hell they can expect people to put an addon onto a device that bloody big just to have two slider pads. Not sure if they are realizing that the Circle Pad Pro is a flop, but it would be a success if games actually used it from here on out and the XL had a second one instead, odds are they would sell more XL units for that very reason.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo would have sold one to me instantly if it had a second Circle Pad. There is no way in hell they can expect people to put an addon onto a device that bloody big just to have two slider pads. Not sure if they are realizing that the Circle Pad Pro is a flop, but it would be a success if games actually used it from here on out and the XL had a second one instead, odds are they would sell more XL units for that very reason.

If they don't put a second circle pad, people complain. If they do put a second circle pad, people riot because everyone who bought a 3DS officially got f*cked over.

Reactions: 4 people

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Well, the circle pad that Nyko is putting out is going to be a much better success for two reasons. First, you don't have to remove it to switch games and second it will give the 3DS 3x it's normal battery life. So much for the new 3DS XL's "better" battery life.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Are some of you forgetting? Some of you on the last page seem to think we get White at launch.
Japan: Red/Black, Silver/Black, & White
USA: Red/Black, Blue/Black.
Silver/Black looks OK, but I might have to restrain myself from getting an XL if I can't get a White one at launch.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
240 vertical resolution on a screen that size will make each individual pixel look huge. It's like taking a low-res pic and doubling it's size without any resampling.

It's like taking this:
ssfiv3ds.jpg

And making it into this:
ssfivxl.jpg
That don't look so bad. In fact, if the DSiXL is anything to go by, i think it looks better (of course, that's just me). Remember, screenshots look NOTHING compared to seeing it in motion and in full 3D on the screen itself.

now it must be noted that being used to the far inferior graphics of DS games, i'm more worried about choppy framerates than pixelation. choppy framerates mean bad, inefficient game engine (because if it's efficient then it will max everything without going overboard, which is what causes most lagdowns), which is ultimately the devs' fault.

Great. They kept the same shitty cameras. Photos already look pixelated on the current 3DS.
this disappointed me though. but hey, maybe they can cheat it through the software through better filters and whatnot. also, Nintendo, get Instagram on that 3D Camera app. it will drive people nuts if you give em filters to cover up those fugly pics.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
240 vertical resolution on a screen that size will make each individual pixel look huge. It's like taking a low-res pic and doubling it's size without any resampling.

It's like taking this:
ssfiv3ds.jpg

And making it into this:
ssfivxl.jpg

Sigh. It does not work that way. The resolution of the current screen IS NOT DOUBLED (like in your picture). The bigger screen uses bigger pixels like the DSi XL. Therefore the games look as pixelated as they were on the normal 3DS.
When I heard of the DSi XL the first time, I facepalmed so hard. I thought the already low-res screen of the DS would be upscaled 2x and would look even shittier.
How I was wrong! Now I got one myself and I can safely say the games don't look more pixelated on the XL. The screen uses bigger pixels and therefore don't stretch the resolution of a DS game.
If games looked pixelated on the Lite, they look pixelated on the XL. Does a game look good on the Lite? Then it will look as good on the XL! And with a bigger screen!
The major plus of a big screen is that immerses you in the game a lot better. People should try something first, before they start screaming nonsense

People, do not underestimate the (3)DS XL!

Reactions: 3 people

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If they don't put a second circle pad, people complain. If they do put a second circle pad, people riot because everyone who bought a 3DS officially got f*cked over.

Everyone who bought one initially can either keep their systems and do a system transfer to the XL or buy a Circle Pad Pro extension, which of those 2 options is cheaper? Buying the addon that comes on the XL, and you still have all the functionality of the XL in a smaller size.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol