Nintendo 3DS system software updated to 11.7.0-40

Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.png

Just when you think the 3DS just can't possibly get more stable, Nintendo is there to remind us. A new system update 11.7.0-40 was pushed out to consoles on June 18. The age-old quote straight from Nintendo detailing the changes made is below. Of course, with the 3DS still getting official games and support from Nintendo, it's very likely we'll continue seeing software updates for a while yet, even if they're sporadic.

• Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

:arrow: Source

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This is kind of shocking. I thought 11.6 would be the last.
Anyway, it would have been really interesting if nintendo hadnt gave up with the 3ds. Imagine the interest of all the groups when they patched the magnethax/ntrboot, seedminer and other entry points even at least for all the 2ds XLs.
But nintendo will be nintendo. Look at the switch. No news for the fixes in tegra X1 bootrom.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I haven't actually had the time to look at what was changed, but I am gonna assume that they didn't change the Native_FIRM (educated guess since the reboot patches weren't broken)
Does the hbl cia work on Rei-Six or CakesFW if you rename the 11.6 payload? If not then assuming the payloads aren't updated for 11.7 then how hard would it be to make a payload that uses svcBackdoor instead of whatever exploit they are using now for process takeover?
I didn't have time to really do any deep testing. I always check to make sure the reboot patches weren't broken before moving onto any specific testing. Dax did answer this question

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/1008925646754476032

Smea released new payloads rather quickly, and they work fine with the hblauncher loader CIA, just grab the otherapp payload from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/, name it as <OLD/NEW>-11-7-0-40-<USA/EUR/REGION HERE>.bin (for example, my N3DS would use NEW-11-7-0-40-USA.bin), and stick it in the hblauncherloader folder on your SD card.
So they basically just took 10 months to mildly inconvenience the payloads.

Last edited by The Catboy,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Translation:

"Further improvements to overall system piracy blocking and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance user game purchasing experience."
Not really. Not even that.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's confirmed! Luma/3DS CFWs in general/NTR CFW/everything else can support the newest 3DS V11.7.0-40!

Gotta keep the Sky3DS tradition alive. :lol:

Reactions: Powerful

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Plot Twist - This update has some hidden expiration code that will make all 3DSes explode on the final date of 3DS's life. Later Nintendo will apologize for "accidentaly" burning people's consoles and give away 5% of discount for Switch to everyone that will bring burned 3DS to one of the whopping 3 Nintendo Shops.

D

Deleted User

lul
i barely use my 3ds anyways so probably wont get around to updating for months

D

Deleted User

Just when you think the 3DS just can't possibly get more stable, Nintendo is there to remind us. A new system update 11.7.0-40 was pushed out to consoles on June 18. The age-old quote straight from Nintendo detailing the changes made is below. Of course, with the 3DS still getting official games and support from Nintendo, it's very likely we'll continue seeing software updates for a while yet, even if they're sporadic.

:arrow: Source
Well shit. I just hacked one and now I gotta update it. Whatever.

D

Deleted User

Blanks out most of the Nintendo Zone hotspots in accordance to the discontinuation of the Streetpass Relay and updates the Privacy Policy.

In other words, absolutely nothing was changed. Carry on.

Reactions: Mark McDonut

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blanks out most of the Nintendo Zone hotspots in accordance to the discontinuation of the Streetpass Relay and updates the Privacy Policy.

In other words, absolutely nothing was changed. Carry on.
Thanks for sharing, I didn't even think of the Nintendo Zone thing since I stopped using spillpass on my raspberry pi like a month ago when it stopped working and had forgotten about it. I thought updating so many titles for a privacy policy update seemed excessive, makes more sense now.

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
Surprised they haven't removed the Miiverse icon yet. On the plus side, the foundation of my house was shifting recently and I was worried that I'd have to shell out a lot of money for repairs. Turns out all I had to do was dig down underneath and slide an 11.7.0-40 3DS down there. Presto! Maximum stability!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi