granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_123159_356_3464.jpg

Thus far, Nintendo 3DS systems in Japan have received a number of free downloadable demos of retail games on the eshop. This includes games such as Metal Gear Solid 3, Resident Evil Revelations, Dead of Alive Dimensions, and others. Unfortunately for US and EU regions, no such demos have been released as of yet. This has lead some people to believe regions outside of Japan may end up neglected in this respect. Worry no more because Capcom's Christian Svensson confirmed recently in a statement on the Capcom Unity boards that US and EU 3DS systems will indeed receive free demos. A Resident Evil Revelations demo is the first to be confirmed. In regards to the US, they are apparently awaiting approval from Nintendo of America to release such a demo on the eshop. An exact date has not been announced. However, with Revelations releasing on February 7th in the US, it seems probable the demo will arrive fairly soon. Hopefully other demos make their way to US and EU very soon as well, there's some catching up to do!

icon11.gif
Source

Reactions: 4 people
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, this is good. It's a lot better to try a game before buying it instead of reading reviews and watching videos online
and then find that the game isn't good/you don't like it/ect.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Eh, title is a bit misleading. The only demo confirmed as a release in US/EU is RE Revelations. No word on the other demos so far.

D

Deleted User

Damn. I just noticed Revelations comes out on my birthday. (not a Resident Evil fanboy)

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
The 3DS is being neglected by Nintendo already as look at the updates to the eShop. Each week they give you 1 OLD GB game thats overpriced and thats it! PATHETIC.
The whole eShop is just pathetic. 1 game added each week and they are black and white GB games. Kinda really pathetic in the regards that its on the 3DS which is suppose to be a colored 3D console but they want you to play old black and white games on it.

I now regret getting the 3DS. Its way overpriced for what you get and what you can get as there is only a handful of games for it and there is total crap in the eShop.

When Nintendo add 5 3D games a week to the eShop then I will think of telling friends to get one but till then I tell everyone to stay away from it as its not worth it at all.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's hoping this Resi Revelations demo is better than the one on Mercenaries 3D. Walk down a corridor, admire the graphics, shoot maybe one or two creatures at best. Kinda fail...

I hope the E-Shop service improves. The games that get released are usually good quality, like Mario, Metroid, Zelda, etc. But I'll be damned if I'm paying that much for old games. Get with the times, Nintendo. People expect value from these things. Big RPGs like Final Fantasy 6 or Secret of Mana would be worth £5.40. Under what circumstances is a 2 hour long game like Shantae worth over a tenner? Get real. If prices dropped to something more reasonable I'd consider it, but when a tenner only gets you two games tops, that's bloody pathetic.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Blaze163-

Demo is almost certainly going to be the one released in Japan the other day. It's much different than the Pilot demo in Mercs 3D. More content overall. You can check out a preview playthrough of it here-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUygvRWn2W8

I believe this is the demo shown at E3 or something. They wouldn't really need to change much. I actually think it was already in English even in the Japanese demo. Just the title screen needs to be changed from Biohazard.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Eh, title is a bit misleading. The only demo confirmed as a release in US/EU is RE Revelations. No word on the other demos so far.
How is it misleading when that's exactly what i said?
"Nintendo 3DS Eshop Demos Coming to US/EU, RE: Revelations Demo"

So far, demos have not been confirmed for US/EU. The RE one has, and that's all you spoke of. The title doesn't fully reflect the content within, and one shouldn't presume a future outcome from the possible presence of a single demo.

On topic: I'm honestly surprised it is taking Nintendo so long to deliver on what they promised. I know they favor Japan, but they could at least give the idea they're trying more than 50% of the time with the rest of the world.

JonnyPoots

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
two things
will we have the "limited time" or "limited plays"? :likely
will we be given enough plays to know whether of not the slide pad pro is necessary? :hmmm

JonnyPoots

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
two things
will we be given enough plays to know whether of not the slide pad pro is necessary? :hmmm
Resident Evil 4 worked fine without a second analog stick (yeah, GC had a second one, but RE4 didn't even really use it).
hehe
I used the second stick all the time for re:4 on gamecube. It aided the crossover from the old 'stationary camera angle' to over the shoulder by allowing you to push forward on the control stick and check you peripherals with the C stick . you could also do a quick 90 degree turn by looking left or right and tapping the R (aim). C stick functionality was moved to the d pad on the wii but was more useless what with point and click aiming.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Resident Evil 4 worked fine without a second analog stick (yeah, GC had a second one, but RE4 didn't even really use it).

Resident Evil as a series has never needed a second analogue stick. You could play The Mercenaries 3D without ever even realising you can use the touch screen to move the camera around.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
two things
Most likely either limited time, or only being able to play a certain part of the game.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering about this.
Looking forward to getting more of an on-hand look at what a game I'm interested in is like before I fork out the cash.
It would be perfect if they let you demo the majority of the shop-bought games..but lets face it, that's not going to happen >_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup