Nicalis crossover game Crystal Crisis announced exclusively for the Switch

Since the launch of the Nintendo Switch, publisher Nicalis has proved that they're quite determined to port and make many games for the system. Their trend is continuing with their latest game, announced today, Crystal Crisis. The game is a puzzle-fighter, featuring characters from Cave Story, Binding of Isaac, and even Astro Boy. A full list of characters (out of a roster of 19) are:

• Quote (Cave Story)
    • Curly brace (Cave Story)
    • Ballos (Cave Story)
    • Isaac (The Binding of Isaac)
    • Astro Boy (Tezuka Productions)
    • Black Jack (Tezuka Productions)
    • Solange (Code of Princess)
    • Aban (1001 Spikes)
    • Tina (1001 Spikes)
    • Jim Hawkins (1001 Spikes)
    • President Thompson (The Tempura of the Dead)
    • Zombie (The Tempura of the Dead)
    • Akuji (Akuji the Demon)
    • Knight (Hydra Castle Labyrinth)
    • Johnny Turbo
    • Helen (Blade Strangers)
    • Hunter (Unannounced Nicalis Game)
    • Elise (Unannounced Nicalis Game)
    • Ninja (Unannounced Nicalis Game)
Crystal Crisis is set to launch exclusively for the Nintendo Switch sometime this fall. A colorblind mode will also be an option, for those that have difficulty seeing the different puzzle colors. You'll also be able to fight against friends locally and online. It'll retail physically and digitally for $39.99.

delta nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But they just announced another crossover with the same characters (Blade Strangers)... Nicalis is risking a burnout of their characters, especially since this looks cheap af.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
they could make a fun crossover either a platformer of sorts where each characters has diferent abilities or a party fighter like smash but nope they go the cheapest possible way nad make a puzzle matching game with characters to the side...

they could have mae something akin to konami wai wai world or smash imo, it would have been much better than a puzzle game, obviously matching puzzle games cost dymes to make rather than make a actual fighter or 2 platformer...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, irony, Capcom shut down puzzle fighter on android/ios, then they do this rip game. :wtf:

$30 download or $40 retail, I'm not falling for this again, also unless this has some story mode or other fund modes and more content than puzzle fighter, I'm not paying more than $20 for it. :ninja:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: THYPLEX

felix.200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, irony, Capcom shut down puzzle fighter on android/ios, then they do this rip game. :wtf:

$30 download or $40 retail, I'm not falling for this again, also unless this has some story mode or other fund modes and more content than puzzle fighter, I'm not paying more than $20 for it. :ninja:
This game isn't a Capcom game.
Maybe you should start reading....

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your wording was misleading. But I understand why you are upset about this :)
Oh, I didn't realize I wasn't being proper when I wrote. I just thought the use of irony was self explanatory. Because a game by Capcom was announced to be ending service soon, and a new game not by Capcom, that plays like Capcom's puzzle fighter game, was being produced to purchase. Isn't that the definition of Irony? :unsure:

Reactions: THYPLEX

felix.200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, I didn't realize I wasn't being proper when I wrote. I just thought the use of irony was self explanatory. Because a game by Capcom was announced to be ending service soon, and a new game not by Capcom, that plays like Capcom's puzzle fighter game, was being produced to purchase. Isn't that the definition of Irony? :unsure:
I didn't even know that puzzle fighter existed until you mentioned it. I guess that's the reason why I didn't see the irony in your post.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You'll see what i mean when you watch this. :)

technicaly even sonic bean mean machine was a puzzle fighter, there have been alot of them for ages, like pokemon puzzle legaue too, the only diference here is its a crossovers instead of same game characters... they are all the same and all preety damn boring after you get some time in.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technicaly even sonic bean mean machine was a puzzle fighter, there have been alot of them for ages, like pokemon puzzle legaue too, the only diference here is its a crossovers instead of same game characters... they are all the same and all preety damn boring after you get some time in.
Yes, puzzle fighter games have existed, but this one plays just like Capcom's puzzle fighter. That was the point I was making. I also understand that they aren't as popular outside Japan which explains why games like Puyo Puyo wasn't widely available and that it partnered with tetris for a crossover game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...