Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
NGPAdvance v0.3
Neo Geo Pocket Color Emu for the GBA
An update for Flubba's Neo Geo Pocket Color emulator for the GameBoy Advance has been released! You can see about the changes below.

Changelog said:
- Fixed copy protection in "Metal Slug 2" (SNK logo in VRAM).
- Fixed control problem in "Rockman Battle & Fighters" (MIRR opcode).
- Fixed background glitch in "Memories of Pure" (HCount register).
- Fixed problems with DMA probably affecting many games.
Download
Developer's Blog

The Worst

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
GBAplace.net
XP
Country
United States
gbasp.gif
I love the fact that Flubba is still at it.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You know, I've always wanted to try Sonic pocket adventure, this sounds like a good excuse to try it.

Edit: Ah, it's no good, it runs too slowly, about 15-30 FPS...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if the new ds truly lacks a gba port, i would expect you will see less of it. as it is most of the devs have moved on to ds slot1. even dwedit announced he was porting the recent build of pocketnes over to slot1. all the comps have fewer entries in the gba categories now. i know some of the more retro people (like flubba) might stay in gba mode, but either they will move on or die out. sadly all good things come to an end.

-another world

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
even dwedit announced he was porting the recent build of pocketnes over to slot1.

Now THAT is great news. Pocketnes is an excellent emulator, and I've been wishing it was ported over to the DS. NesDS I'm just not found of. So when I do play some NES emulation, instead of using my actual console, I play it on my GBA just because of Pocketnes. In my opinion NesDS is just a little too rough around the edges(although I am thankful someone took the time out to create it). Luckily someone from Pocket Heaven(can't remember his name right now) hacked it to where you can use the touch screen controls as button combinations.

I just like everything about Pocketnes. Hopefully that will be ported over very soon.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DespizingU said:
Now THAT is great news. Pocketnes is an excellent emulator, and I've been wishing it was ported over to the DS. NesDS I'm just not found of. So when I do play some NES emulation, instead of using my actual console, I play it on my GBA just because of Pocketnes. In my opinion NesDS is just a little too rough around the edges(although I am thankful someone took the time out to create it). Luckily someone from Pocket Heaven(can't remember his name right now) hacked it to where you can use the touch screen controls as button combinations.

I just like everything about Pocketnes. Hopefully that will be ported over very soon.

NesDS is a built on the PocketNes source code. Thats about as close to a PocketNES port as you are gonna get. IMO, it's the best NES emu for the DS
yaynds.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but it's built off of very old PocketNES sourcecode. Dwedit was porting it over from the versions he had created. Don't know if he ever got it into a workable form though.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its nice that its still coming along.

Neo Geo Pocket Colour was an excellent machine, SNK & Capcoms stuff for it was vrilliant, some of the best fighters you can get for an handheld. Also I thought Sonic Pocket Adventure was the best Sonic game.

mintsauce82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's great, really, but GBA? Why not DS at this point in time? I'm probably the biggest NGPC fan ever. Like, ever. But I can't even be bothered to try this because I haven't touched my GBA in years.
wacko.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Yes, but it's built off of very old PocketNES sourcecode. Dwedit was porting it over from the versions he had created. Don't know if he ever got it into a workable form though.
I thought Dwedit decided to stop the NES DS production. I knew he began to port over the newer Pocket NES code, but I though he decided to stop. Or am I thinking about Goomba Color?

I wish more people would try out their hand at SNES emulation on DS. But I guess I can't complain since I can't do jack with it myself!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember him specifically stating "I'm not going to finish porting PocketNES to the DS" but it's true that he just kinda stopped a month or two ago. Same thing with Goomba Color.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can recognize the DS by checking a single bit in the GBA BIOS that is different on the DS, but it can't use any of the DS-specific features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, is that kinda like bonzi buddy?