Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
RFHeL.jpg
From Sony's liveblog from the PS Meeting:
QUOTE said:
We're seeing NGP - dual analogs sticks, 5 inch OLED display, 3G and GPS, front and rear touchpads, electronic compass on 3 axes. Awesome iconography on the back.
[...]
"the OLED boasts 4x the resolution of the current PSP"
[...]
There are cameras on both the front and rear of the device.
[...]
There will be physical media for games, a New Game Media, a flash memory-based card.
[...]
"We will also incorporate 3G networks and accessibility in addition to Wi-Fi"
[...]
"NGP will be released starting from the holiday season this year"
[...]
franchises shown: Hot Shots Golf, Gravity Daze, Killzone, Reality Fighters, Smart As, Broken, LBP, Little Deviants, WipEout, Resistance, and Uncharted (!)
[...]
Trophies are clearly shown
happy.gif
icon11.gif
Source
It has two analog sticks. Joy!
I hear fapping in the background of this vid.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
EJames2100 said:
Holy Cow
biggrin.gif

ARM processors, isn't that what Nintendo uses ? If so wouldn't the architecture make emulating gba/nds even easier/better than the psp did ?

4-5 Hours of Battery hours isn't too bad tbh, especially seeing what it can offer and I like to have a spare battery anyways, as long as it's as easy to replace as the psp's.
But how can you replace batteries easily if it has a touch panel behind the system where the batteries go to?!?
[well, dont woute me if the batteries isnt there
tongue.gif
]

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
NatureMade said:
Oy vey.....I gotta say, as a Neutral aligned gamer, The competition is seeming to get dull.

"My portable has a Gyroscope"
"So does mine, huurr"

I mean com'on. Gaming used to be about who your favorite mascot was, not what gimmick "your company" put into their newest system.
I gotta hand it to the Big Sony though, they sure do know how to pack as much useless crap into a console as possible. GPS? What the hell do I need GPS for in a Console. It's not a friggin tom-tom.

And just so it doesn't seem like I'm bashing Sony alone, allow me to say this; the 3DS is just as gimmicky as the NGP. Glasses-less 3D is gonna be the norm in about 10-15 years tops. Mark my words on it. The only reason it's so appealing now is its "New and fresh".

But based on my two console choices, would I rather pay 250 dollars for a handheld that's gonna have Wifi, great 3rd party support, and pretty much everything else the NGP has minus badass graphics and a second analog stick, or would I rather pay, what I'm guesstimating at, at least 350-400 dollars for a system that, in my honest opinion, is just gonna see the same fate as it's predecessor? The choice is obvious.

tl;dr - Consoles now-a-days are ridiculous, and relay too much on gimmicks to be their selling point, instead of which companies are backing which systems. /endrant
Very soon, maybe a glasses-free 3D TV may be out?

But the NGP i bet will cost a bomb, the 3DS's price is still in my 'acceptable' range.

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Very soon, maybe a glasses-free 3D TV may be out?

But the NGP i bet will cost a bomb, the 3DS's price is still in my 'acceptable' range.

Glasses-less 3D TV's exist already my friend. I've read a couple Electronic Expo articles about them showing up on display. Probably costs and arm and a leg at this time though.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That thing will either put a huge dent in your, or in sonys pockets.

To be quite honest, if sony wants to sell, it will have to be subsidized... Looking at todays smartphones and other consoles/portables, this will have to be priced somewhere in the 600 or 700's $ (800+, if the battery is designed to hold for more than 2h)

Unaffordable for many people, to expensive for parents to "just buy it" etc...

I probably just misread that, but are those games supposed to be ps3 compatible? If so, thats quite a few more people who dont have that many reasons to buy this.

Specially, considering most of us already got a phone with a few of these features (counts for nintendo as well)

Oh well. Let's see where this is heading, but im pretty sure, i wont buy one of these for a long time even after the release

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TechnoWorm said:
chris888222 said:
Gitaroo said:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-...fe-is-4-5-hours

4-5 hours battery life and Sony is taking a loss on this.
It is not even in 3D!! Plus it only has one (but LARGE) screen!
Pretty disappointing, if it has 3G on I bet it will be worse.
frown.gif
And i guess you'll never have a chance to turn the 3G off because..
Sony wants to stop piracy on their upgraded DSNGP, and i think its one way of downloading updates to the system..
That is if they provide free 3g. If they did, they can update mine all they want. they'd probably still lose more money with this than piracy.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
TechnoWorm said:
SamAsh07 said:
TechnoWorm said:
Doesn't satisfy me at all.. well maybe because i love nintendo but...
It's just too old to play games like that..
3DS still FTW!!
Couldn't agree more. I did say in my previous post that i'll get both in a years time, but I think by 2012, i'll only have the 3DS.
Seeing how Sony loves to bring out 1k,2ks etc. I'll buy the PSP2 Slim n Lite lol.
What's the difference between slim and lite version of the psp?
unsure.gif

I never had one and I guess never will have one because i had a DS and will have a 3ds
It's the same. PSP2k's alias is slim n lite.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
TechnoWorm said:
SamAsh07 said:
TechnoWorm said:
Doesn't satisfy me at all.. well maybe because i love nintendo but...
It's just too old to play games like that..
3DS still FTW!!
Couldn't agree more. I did say in my previous post that i'll get both in a years time, but I think by 2012, i'll only have the 3DS.
Seeing how Sony loves to bring out 1k,2ks etc. I'll buy the PSP2 Slim n Lite lol.
What's the difference between slim and lite version of the psp?
unsure.gif

I never had one and I guess never will have one because i had a DS and will have a 3ds
It's the same. PSP2k's alias is slim n lite.
No, he specifically was asking what the difference was between the phat and the slim and lite...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Archie: Eat my shorts peeps :tpi::evil::tpi: :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: