Hacking Newbie...NO FIND SYSTEM FILES..HELP....

ezd20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi my daughter went to play her dsi with DsTWO today and "NO Find System Files" comes up on the screen?We never had any problems and we've had the sdcard2 for about 6months now..and just played all last night..I even took the sd card out and opened it on my computer and ALL the games and media are gone off the sd card.any help would be greatly appreciated...
angry.gif

ezd20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi thanks..but I can't tell.I totally 4got where I placed them on the card? I can't even check because it just comes up NO FIND SYSTEM FILES on the top dsi screen?As 4 the latest patches installed?I the only patches that was installed was about 6months ago?I didn't know I had to keep installeing them to keep playing the same games already installed.?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Take your microSD card remove it from the DSTwo, place into your MicroSD Reader, and place that into your computer.
Then check to make sure the folder/file _Dstwo and ds2boot.dat are in the root of the card (the first screen that should all the files)
If they are not, download them from the links and install them.
If they are, follow my other advice, copy all your files/folders into a new folder on your computer and reformat with the program I posted

Bree500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need technical help, terminator is your guy. But From my experience, at times if i didn't adjust the micro sd of dstwo card properly, then i would get that "system file not found error".

Make sure the micro sd card is properly inside the dstwo card, sometimes you have to do this two or three times for it to work. Also make sure your dstwo card is placed inside the NDS properly and sometimes for me, it takes 2 or 3 tries for the NDS to read the dstwo card.

If it still doesn't work, then it might be a technical issue and Terminator will help you.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
that makes sense for why it's not working on the DS but why would all of the files just disappear (as he can tell by when he hooks it up to his computer)
That is when you say "Shit happens". If you do something at the wrong times, it will destroy the files on the microSD (corrupt, erase, whatever). Usually, this is shutting off the system during a writing process (I wouldn't recommend doing that to ANY piece of equipment) but as before "shit happens". All there really is to do is see if the files are there/still recoverable, otherwise just reformat and rebuild the files and games from the bottom up (like taking a digital walk through memory lane...quite possibly an illegal walk xD).

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fine no systrem? Try reinserting the sd card over and over until it works. The sd slot on these cards totally sucks. I usually have to put my card in three times before it works.

ezd20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks 4 all the replies...I took out the micro sd card and put in the reader and then into my computer and it's completely BLANK....Do I have to start from scratch like it's a new Supercard Two?...thanks..

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ezd20 said:
Hey thanks 4 all the replies...I took out the micro sd card and put in the reader and then into my computer and it's completely BLANK....Do I have to start from scratch like it's a new Supercard Two?...thanks..
If there are no files on it, then yes.

ezd20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks again 4 all the help....I guess I gotta start from scratch
angry.gif
But I totally agree with some of the other msgs.The last few weeks b4 this happend..I was having problems with the SD2card fitting properly in the DSI.Thus I had to take it out and place it back in just to get it right.again and again.But all the files stayed on the micro sd?Why would the files erase from the micro sd?What happend to the setup on my Supercard2?So I have to totally agree that I think this "shit happens"...and may have not disconnected the micro sd card properly.But what about the Supercard 2?Shouldn't it atleast load up?How often do I have to download the latest patches?What's the purpose?If I am playing games that are on the Supercard2..Do I need to keep downloading patches to continue to play old or new games?thanks again great site...

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, all your stuff should continue working just as it was, unless you update you're DSi's firmware

the patches are solely for compatibility with newer games, and newer EOS updates have recently just been to keep up compatibility with the latest dsi firmware

Shay85

Trophies
XP
Country
FIXED!!!!!

Hi all, so I’m certainly no expert for for a serious amount of time I could not get two (bought from two different companies) of my Supercard DS Twos to work with me DS Lite or 3DS and the companies in China would not allow me to return the cards.

Then I found a site where I can download V1.14 here:
http://down.supercard.sc/download/dstwo/

Download the file:
DSTWO_v1.14_2015_072..> and take the extracted _dstwo folder and put that on your DS card

I also had the ds2boot.dat on the root and the dstwoupdate.dat which I downloaded from the main website but not sure if these were even required or not? I hope this works for people as it did for me but the main thing that fixed this was downloading 1.14

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.