Newb here< Need a little help with Homebrew

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Gouldlinger, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Gouldlinger
    OP

Gouldlinger Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Hey,

I am new to this website, and I'm here after resetting my Pokemon sun save and losing my snorlium z, which left me wanting to throw my 3ds out the window.

Anyway after reading advice to use homebrew in order to get my precious snorlium z back in whatever way possible, including using homebrew, I think I have picked a bad time to join the homebrew bandwagon since they seem to be closing off nearly all options to using it on Version. 11.5.0-38E of my old 3ds. Now after reading a couple of threads that are fairly new I understand the only way of using home is going to require me buying some sort of flash card which I am more than willing to do.

So my questions are... Where can I buy the flashcard from here in the uk, such as ebay or amazon?
    Also, Once I have said flashcard, whats the next step towards me installing homebrew?

All this because I want to use pulverizing pancake because snorlax is my favorite pokemon :)

Thanks
    Sean

Last edited by Gouldlinger, Sep 11, 2017
  2. Gouldlinger
    OP

Gouldlinger Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    bump

3. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    an anti-anime bunker
    I got mine for nds-cards.com
    However, the Flashcard will need to be flashed with NTRboothax if you want CFW. So your best bet is to find a seller who is selling flash cards with NTRboothax on it already

4. Gouldlinger
    OP

Gouldlinger Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Il try having a look round on ebay for someone who might be selling just the thing fingers crossed.

5. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    an anti-anime bunker
    WAIT I LIED. You don't need another person. I forgot 3ds.guide was updated and you can now do it with a single system. Follow this...
    https://3ds.guide/flashing-ntrboot-(3ds-single-system)

6. antiNT

antiNT a.k.a Johnny El Pollo Loco

Sep 14, 2015
    Qatar
    Doha - Qatar
    Can we trade the item in-game? Maybe someone can cheat to have it and give it to you.

7. Gouldlinger
    OP

Gouldlinger Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    z crystals can't be traded for some unknown reason, I have no idea why they did that

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I might be sounding like an idiot but this step doesnt make sense to me.

What is the difference between the flashcard sd and flashcard >step 4 (Reinsert your flashcart’s SD card back into your flashcart)

Is there an sd card inside the flash card?

Last edited by Gouldlinger, Sep 12, 2017
  8. antiNT

antiNT a.k.a Johnny El Pollo Loco

Sep 14, 2015
    Qatar
    Doha - Qatar
    Yes, in the flashcart there is an sd port where you put a micro sd card with NDS games in it.

9. Gouldlinger
    OP

Gouldlinger Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    ahh that makes a lot more sense, so on the R4i GOLD 3DS RTS page where I buy it, I have to choose an sd card from the list that will then come with the flashcard I would be buying?< if thats right. Any idea the smallest size sd I could use?

10. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You could use a 4GB one (I don't know if 2GB microSD cards exist - if they do then that would be fine).

11. Gouldlinger
    OP

Gouldlinger Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Okay thanks, I've gone ahead and orderd the R4i GOLD 3DS RTS with a 4GB sandisk sd. The payment process is a little weird I'm waiting for a email back with their paypal account details, Hoping everything is above board. Orderd myself a sd card adapter from amazon aswell. Now just need to wait and should be able to finaly get this show on the road.

12. RY0M43CH1Z3N

RY0M43CH1Z3N GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2017
    Spain
    Caos
    Yep, i did it with a 2GB microSD the NTRboot

Is strange the paypal method, but i did it and arrive at 17 days of shipping.

Last edited by RY0M43CH1Z3N, Sep 13, 2017
  13. Gouldlinger
    OP

Gouldlinger Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Right, I have got the flash card and followed everything in the guide, but I can't for the hell of me get my 3ds to safe boot holding down the buttons with the magnet. Anyone got any tips on what im doing wrong?
    I have the magnet in place to sleep mode and I'm holding down x power button start select and it just does nothing when I release them. I'm gonna keep trying but im stuck untill I can do this. I have the small metallic blue 3ds and its a nightmare pressing start and select as it is.

14. Gouldlinger
    OP

Gouldlinger Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Nvm I was meant to turn it off, I'm an idiot lol

15. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Hold down start, select, X before pressing power, and hold for a few seconds after releasing power, before letting go of them.

RY0M43CH1Z3N likes this.
  16. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It's a bit late now, but you should never buy SD cards from flashcart sellers, they're often fakes. Only buy them from reputable sellers such as Amazon themselves, or a local store near you.

17. Gouldlinger
    OP

Gouldlinger Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    It's all good I have fully installed it now and it was successful, I brought the flashcart that was recommended by this website so I was fairly confident. With everything installed, I now need to find out how to use powersaves and pkhex so I can put the items I want into a save file.

18. face235

face235 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    Get PKSM from FBI. It allows you to inject event items and Pokemon from Gen IV to Gen VII. It even has its own Pokebank, but it only works with Gen VI and VII. You still can't store Pokemon from Gen IV and V, at least not yet!

felix.200 likes this.
  19. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I think in the newest version, this feature is broken. The older (I think 4.1/2/3.0) had an injection of 100+ events across multiple games (latest PKSM forces the specific game to have the specific events, i.e., Moon has Moon events, which is 5-6 pages vs. the 20+ pages earlier versions of PKSM made available) and full box replacement.

Although, the latest PKSM has a "generator" feauture, which is nice, but while you can edit the OT's name, you can't edit the ID (12345), so people will know it's hacked. Good if you just want to breed a certain mon with egg moves. The other benefit is that natures, moves, etc., are cleaned up, such as, +- of natures over having to know, guess, or wiki, balltisim, sexes, moves are listed alphabetically over chronological generation, fast/slow has been tweaked, 0-100/252/255 has been tweaked for quick edits.

I think one thing you might have to look into would be if the hidden power should be Dark. Earlier versions rolled with the IV changes, but now it seems everything stays Dark. Could be a problem, may not be.

Recommend to generate mon in PKSM and clean them in PKhex, barring events.