• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New USA President!

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found it!
Firstly, http://thefederalist.com/2016/12/16/running-data-politifact-shows-bias-conservatives/
2ndly
TtLRFof.jpg

Nice, although I will warn you... you will probably get called racist by the group that doesn't like stereotypes.

Reactions: Haloman800

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.snopes.com/carrier-jobs-to-mexico-despite-trump-deal/
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...rs-indianapolis-plant-despite-trump-deal.html

Not going to deny, the rating system is sometimes kind of arbitrary in PolitiFact, but there are also multiple writers and the example you gave (the 0 percent income tax until 1913) was corrected after readers brought it to their attention.

Caution and scrutiny is healthy when it comes to the press. Thanks at the very least for not saying "shut up it's fake news"

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
i mean, with the repeal of obamacare, at least the T's will be in quite the life threatening tightspot, should they lose the coverage that finances their hormone therapy. because once the reassignment is through, those hormone pills are literally keeping them alive

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the context was a speech against mexican immigrants implying that all that plagues the country is them, when in reality, they're literally the foundation for countless american businesses, ranging everywhere from maintenance to restaurants.

the fact that illegal immigrants enter the country illegally doesn't make his drugs n rapist sentence less racist.

Doesn't make it any less right. To misconstrue it as racism is the problem. He's not stating that all of Mexico are druggies/drug lords and rapists. Just that, with the surge of illegals entering (not even just Mexicans) we face this issue. You want to cry and scream racism and ignore the issues, that's your problem.

Reactions: el_gonz87

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those that don't know what I'm referring to,
CHUCK TODD:

You did not answer the question of why the president asked the White House press secretary to come out in front of the podium for the first time and utter a falsehood? Why did he do that? It undermines the credibility of the entire White House press office--

KELLYANNE CONWAY:

No it doesn't.

CHUCK TODD:

--on day one.

KELLYANNE CONWAY:

Don't be so overly dramatic about it, Chuck. What-- You're saying it's a falsehood. And they're giving Sean Spicer, our press secretary, gave alternative facts to that. But the point remains--

CHUCK TODD:

Wait a minute-- Alternative facts?

KELLYANNE CONWAY:

--that there's--

CHUCK TODD:

Alternative facts? Four of the five facts he uttered, the one thing he got right--

KELLYANNE CONWAY:

--hey, Chuck, why-- Hey Chuck--

CHUCK TODD:

--was Zeke Miller. Four of the five facts he uttered were just not true. Look, alternative facts are not facts. They're falsehoods.

What's your thoughts?
I think it's incredibly dangerous, because it means that (if that argument gets accepted, anyway) the Trump administration can basically dismiss any criticism, legitimate or not, and insert their own "alternative facts." And the fact of the matter is that we haven't even seen what this would look like in an international scandal (well, at least while Donald is actually in office...). This was literally just in response to the number of people who attended the inauguration!

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't make it any less right. To misconstrue it as racism is the problem. He's not stating that all of Mexico are druggies/drug lords and rapists. Just that, with the surge of illegals entering (not even just Mexicans) we face this issue. You want to cry and scream racism and ignore the issues, that's your problem.

The frustrating part is that this is exactly what the press would rather cover. Non-issues, ridiculous lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For those that don't know what I'm referring to,

I think it's incredibly dangerous, because it means that (if that argument gets accepted, anyway) the Trump administration can basically dismiss any criticism, legitimate or not, and insert their own "alternative facts." And the fact of the matter is that we haven't even seen what this would look like in an international scandal (well, at least while Donald is actually in office...). This was literally just in response to the number of people who attended the inauguration!

The thing is that there is a lot of circumstances that play into the crowd calc. Like the fact that you didn't have people chained to entry points and protesters trying to prevent crowds.

I think Kellyane choice of words was poor, but it's not like the media has been doing purely constructive criticism either. I hope both the Govt and press do a better job going forward.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I was aware there were protests but I didn't know they took place outside the inauguration as well

Although, in hindsight, I suppose I should have expected that

I'm not saying it was a huge factor, heck for all we know it just delayed. There is just no measure of that.

I hope this is the last time a transition is this crazy.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
S

Saiyan Lusitano

While I live in Europe, I wanted to have worn the MAGA hat but never really did because due to seeing how people simply for wearing or supporting Trump would be physically attacked by some psycho that thinks differently. 2017 is already looking better with Trump in the white house. :)

But often the cost to have "America First" often imposes harm on Americans.
*facepalm*

You're looking for any reason to feel offended and think negatively.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're looking for any reason to feel offended and think negatively.
Eh. Isolationist policies such as tariffs and other protectionist measures often have the opposite of their intended effect. Putting up barriers to trade won't be the panacea a lot of people imagine.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh. Isolationist policies such as tariffs and other protectionist measures often have the opposite of their intended effect. Putting up barriers to trade won't be the panacea a lot of people imagine.

To be fair NAFTA hasn't exactly done wonders for our jobs. So it doesnt exactly have the desired effect either. Millions of Americans are ready for a change.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1