Hacking New Theme for EZ-Flash Omega!

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those having trouble saving in Gameboy games, I was able to get it working by installing the latest jagoomba version in the plugins folder (so, rename the one that matches your device to gb.gba and gbc.gba) instead of using the one built into the firmware. Even though the Gameboy emulator is supposed to be the same version, I couldn’t save Gameboy games on my regular EZ Flash unit in a DS lite with this firmware until I did this.

Last edited by Cralex,
Reactions: Arcano_cz

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @Sterophonick

I am currently having a problem with your kernel.
When I am playing Gameboy and Gameboy Color games, the games work great.
However, when I save a game and go to the main menu and go back into the same game, the save file is disappeared. This is not an issue at all with Game Boy Advance games. However, when I return to the original OEM kernel, the save files work perfectly fine. I'm very frustrated right now and it is a massive letdown with Simple. I hope you can help me out here.

Thanks!

Last edited by aidn0828,

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cralex you are a life saver. Thank you so much for providing tips for saving issues on the gameboy games. I had the same problem as you and got it to work great. Thanks a lot and have a great day.

Last edited by aidn0828,

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Shadow#1 which jagoomba
Screenshot 2022-08-05 094552.png
am i supposed to download?

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Pokémon Crystal to save either ever since the update.
I save > Press L + R > Wait 5 - 10 seconds > Exit > Boot the game back > Save gone

Tried a modded GBA with an IPS screen and a GBA SP 001 unmoded if that says anything.

Edit:
Downgraded to previous version and now saving works again.
wdym by downgrading. to which version?

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me how to solve the issue of gameboy and gameboy color games not saving in game? I haven't found a solution yet. This if for the EZ flash omega.

Mite000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone tell me how to solve the issue of gameboy and gameboy color games not saving in game? I haven't found a solution yet. This if for the EZ flash omega.
I came across this issue with gameboy saves and tried to download and install thoses files as well but it didn't solve it for me either. We're probably doing something wrong.

I've lost count how many times the gameboy emulator has given me save issues though. GBA has been great 99% of the time, especially with the backup saves, but that emulator has been super unreliable for me over the years

Last edited by Mite000,

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came across this issue with gameboy saves and tried to download and install thoses files as well but it didn't solve it for me either. We're probably doing something wrong.

I've lost count how many times the gameboy emulator has given me save issues though. GBA has been great 99% of the time, especially with the backup saves, but that emulator has been super unreliable for me over the years
ong dude. I'm so happy that someone understands the problems that I'm having.

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idek wtf i just did but i somehow got everything to work. I just tried to format the sd card clean and added a new download of the latest simple folder along with the jagoomba plug and that seemed to work. Save the game and wait in the options folder pressing L + R for about 5 seconds.

Mite000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
idek wtf i just did but i somehow got everything to work. I just tried to format the sd card clean and added a new download of the latest simple folder along with the jagoomba plug and that seemed to work. Save the game and wait in the options folder pressing L + R for about 5 seconds.
That's great you got it working!

So are you supposed to download "jagoombacolor_v0.5_ezo.gba" then copy it into two files, name them each gb.gba and gbc.gba, and then place them into the plug folder of the EZ Flash?

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great you got it working!

So are you supposed to download "jagoombacolor_v0.5_ezo.gba" then copy it into two files, name them each gb.gba and gbc.gba, and then place them into the plug folder of the EZ Flash?
however, be aware that some pokemon games mainly pokemon crystal/ gold/ silver save files sometimes disappear out of nowhere. But super Mario deluxe works great tho. My pokemon roms are clean and idek why they sometimes disappear. hope this helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8