Hacking New System Menu Update 4.3

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi one more question. I cannot update the homebrew channel, and reading the faq I think its because I installed cIOSCORP a long time ago. How do I remove cIOSCORP safely so I can update the homebrew channel?

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would have been cool is this update did what Nintendo says that they are going to do with wifi, then this would have been awesome.
IOS 58 has webcam, why webcam, wait is this going to be project natal?

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gamefreak94 said:
It would have been cool is this update did what Nintendo says that they are going to do with wifi, then this would have been awesome.

It's a webcam for this fitness game. Basically useless if you don't play the game.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet if you install HBC with a different title before you update it wouldn't delete the channel on you
wink.gif

I've got a ton of custom 1.0.6 channels with different ID's...since they aren't haxx or jodi, theoretically, the update should not find them if I were to run it.

If anyone with sneek wants to give it a try, just let me know & i'll pm one to ya
wink.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pippin666 said:
Waiting for something that will bring you NOTHING is stupid and pointless. Get NUSD, select IOS58, packed it as wad, install it using you wad manager of choice and there you go noobs, 4.3U.

Pip'
IOS58 isn't essential to 4.3. It's just there because it's a new IOS for games - a particularly interesting one, considering it contains USB2 code.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:
Pippin666 said:
Waiting for something that will bring you NOTHING is stupid and pointless. Get NUSD, select IOS58, packed it as wad, install it using you wad manager of choice and there you go noobs, 4.3U.

Pip'
IOS58 isn't essential to 4.3. It's just there because it's a new IOS for games - a particularly interesting one, considering it contains USB2 code.

I already posted the answer to that. It's for this fitness game where you use a webcam thing.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DPyro said:
Hi one more question. I cannot update the homebrew channel, and reading the faq I think its because I installed cIOSCORP a long time ago. How do I remove cIOSCORP safely so I can update the homebrew channel?

Are you getting the "no vulnerable IOS found" error. If so run DOP-mii and install IOS36 with no patches. Then Install the new Homebrew channel. Install Darkcorp. ( Updated version of cioscorp ).

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cwstjdenobs said:
Well they've fixed the exploit the hackmii installer uses. Was that fixed in the original IOS58 or is this a new version?

Nothing, they just added it there. Originally you had to have the game (which includes the webcam) to have IOS58 in your Wii but now they just added it.

Blasingame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Unauthorized Modifications
Because unauthorized channels or firmware may impair game play or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 4.3 will check for and automatically remove such unauthorized files. In addition, there are some behind the scenes enhancements that do not affect any prominently-used features or menus but will improve system performance.

How do unauthorized files impair my gameplay Nintendo? Please explain.

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Riley said:
DPyro said:

Are you getting the "no vulnerable IOS found" error. If so run DOP-mii and install IOS36 with no patches. Then Install the new Homebrew channel. Install Darkcorp. ( Updated version of cioscorp ).
Yes, I think that is the error I get. I think I also installed softmii a long time ago. All I really want to do is make it vanilla 3.2U again and run backups.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kryptical said:
gamefreak94 said:

It's a webcam for this fitness game. Basically useless if you don't play the game.
What happened with the miyamoto look?
Nintendo
thumb_miya3.jpg

rofl.gif

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DPyro said:
Riley said:
DPyro said:

Yes, I think that is the error I get. I think I also installed softmii a long time ago. All I really want to do is make it vanilla 3.2U again and run backups.

What is said above will remove softmii and let you play backups from disc channel. Just make sure you have bootmii as boot2.

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to make HBC with a different Title ID and it works but the strange thing is that when placed on the Wii the Original HBC works fine and uses IOS61 to start and the one with a different ID also starts with IOS61 but the one with a different ID is upside down while the original one is not. Anyone seen this?

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there a way to change the ID for the 4.3 not to delete it or do we just wait for TT to update? Just curious someone mentioned earlier that hes got one with a different ID so i assume there is a way to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
  • wiihackZlol @ wiihackZlol:
    hey anyone here?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wii experts at your service we can Abracadaba anything made by Nintendo for your piracy needs
    +1
    Now your playing with power!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guys five unmarked black vans with red letters just pulled up at my house :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ancientboi called FBI on you. You better flush your stash.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, been lazy. Been inside playing games for last few days, too hot outside, was 97 degrees F today. It was so hot outside, I seen a dog chasing a cat, and they both were walking.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fallout4, pubg, Starfield, Forza, Still wakes the Deep, just to name a few
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's just ancientboi left me his laptop
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Who are/ were they?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some Nintendo execs wanted to give him a promotion
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    party van
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get in the van
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    5 day weekend starts now :D
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Have off tomorrow for Juneteenth, then took thursday and Friday off to make the most out of the mid-week day off lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    5 days of straight fap
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    enter the goon cave
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi likes the goonies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good week to take time off, so damn hot! You can catch up on some gaming While staying in the AC, or do like ken does, fap all week.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Good week to take time off, so damn hot! You can catch up on some gaming While staying in the...