iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
iDarkTrace said:
Let's go Team Twiizers!! I wanna play Monster Hunter Tri and Super Mario Galaxy 2again!
yaywii.gif
Team Twiizers releasing the new HackMii Installer is not necessarily going to help you. They, as a team, are not responsible for BannerBomb. The new HackMii installer probably still needs either the Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack hack to be able to launch it, so you will likely still be out of luck for a while until somebody manages to figure out the other regions of Smash Stack or finds another exploit in a game which has been released in Japan (and perhaps Korea).

And if you want to play MHT and SMG 2 again, can't you just play from the discs that you should have bought, especially if you enjoy the games so much? I guess it's not possible if you bought English versions, but then why did you buy a Japanese Wii in the first place and why would you update to 4.3 when it warns you outright that it will stop you from using the homebrew you required to play them?

I bought a modded one when it came out, and the modded ones were JAP. Was unpatient; my fault on that part. Updated to 4.3 before reading the forums. Didn't know the updates wiped out Homebrew till now.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Yeah, I know of other features too, like command line arguments that will finally allow us to add the nointro option to Cfg for those that dislike the current one...

And perhaps their secret method is hardware based, we know they do a lot of work with Infectus. I would hope it's software, but it is better to not be optimistic in these cases as posters on GBATemp tends to take optimistic assumptions literally and then start spreading rumours as fact. Then if the assumptions end up being incorrect, it gets ugly...

HBC already has arguments support, both through wiiload and using meta.xml...

"There’s already a fully working installer compatible with 4.3 on all regions." is an incomplete statement, yeah then we do assumptions and guesses. I don't expect them to say "yes new hackmii installer support 4.3" and then later add "sorry but there is no ppc exploit working on 4.3K or 4.3J"... By the way generally I'm not an optimistic person, but in these cases when I can weigh the logic and facts behind then I can make optimistic guesses...

No one's spreading rumours as facts btw, some childs here maybe who think all this is magic and TT are magicians...

If they don't come up with an exploit for 4.3K and/or 4.3J then it's still fine with me though, not so interested with an exploit in those regions...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
SifJar said:
Depends what you mean by "added anything else". HBC is getting feature enhancements definitely (finally getting the ability to save your preferred device to load homebrew from and also the view you prefer for sure, probably other stuff too). But yeah, I'd say the installer works on all regions, however, there is no public way to run it on 4.3K or 4.3J. My guess is TT have a secret exploit or two they haven't released, so when new System Menus are released, they have a method of loading code on an updated System, for experimentation etc., even if Ninty block all public exploits. Of course, this is simply a guess, and I could be completely wrong, but that's what I'd do anyway. And if this is what is happening, perhaps their secret exploit works on J and K Wiis? And perhaps they'll release it for those people if it exists in the first place.
Yeah, I know of other features too, like command line arguments that will finally allow us to add the nointro option to Cfg for those that dislike the current one...

And perhaps their secret method is hardware based, we know they do a lot of work with Infectus. I would hope it's software, but it is better to not be optimistic in these cases as posters on GBATemp tends to take optimistic assumptions literally and then start spreading rumours as fact. Then if the assumptions end up being incorrect, it gets ugly...
Of course it is completely possible they have a hardware based method of loading code, but I'm not sure how suited to the task an Infectus would be...Can't it just dump and write NAND?

Anyway, I was merely speculating, and I for one don't want rumours started, but I guess that what happens often here due to all the n00bs...

And I think the statement "There’s already a fully working installer compatible with 4.3 on all regions." is complete, WiiCrazy. They never say anything about it being possible to load on all regions, but it does work for all regions, if you can get it to load. And AFAIK, previous HackMii Installers didn't work on Korean Wiis, so its still a good update for those with 4.2K or below, as now they will be able to install HBC etc.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
SifJar said:
And I think the statement "There’s already a fully working installer compatible with 4.3 on all regions." is complete, WiiCrazy. They never say anything about it being possible to load on all regions, but it does work for all regions, if you can get it to load. And AFAIK, previous HackMii Installers didn't work on Korean Wiis, so its still a good update for those with 4.2K or below, as now they will be able to install HBC etc.

Well it's like I'm giving you a car but not giving the keys, that's how it's seen. Didn't know the fact that hackmii installer not worked on K region before though.. Let's wait and see.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
Wait, it was supported in the xml already? How? We've been waiting for that feature and it was still marked as incomplete when the previous version was released...

QUOTE said:
No one's spreading rumours as facts btw, some childs here maybe who think all this is magic and TT are magicians...
There are a lot of parrots and idiots on GBATemp. We still have a lot of people that think you can't have games bigger than 4GB on a FAT32 drive. Then there's the people that think the "alt dol disc" method needs a physical disc and they will announce their ignorance by the "But then I'd have to burn a disc" or whatnot when you are helping others, even if you have actually given a link to simple instructions which clearly never mention needing a physical disc.

Now, you did qualify your original statement by saying it was your own take on the information, so that is enough to hopefully stop anyone from reading it as fact this time. My retort was made to try to minimise the risk of the comment being taken out of context and spread. It'll be a lot easier of us that way in the future if it turns out that the assumption was incorrect.

QUOTE(SifJar @ Jul 20 2010, 07:37 PM)
Anyway, I was merely speculating, and I for one don't want rumours started, but I guess that what happens often here due to all the n00bs...
Yeah, that's my point exactly. Thanks.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
WiiCrazy said:
Wait, it was supported in the xml already? How? We've been waiting for that feature and it was still marked as incomplete when the previous version was released...

Well sorry, wrong information on the meta.xml one... For wiiload it's working for sure.. Kwiirk's initial wbfs tool was able to create forwarders for games under HBC, thought that it uses arguments... Instead it uses only argument 0 which is the program path (and which contains the disc id)

mina_sadek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi
i was having my wii v4.2 with cioscorp v3.6 , and by mistake i updated to nintendo 4.3u update and backups stoped working.
my question is:what happen to cioscorp ??
(note): waninkoko cios 249 was installed on it.
my other question is if i updated my wii to 4.3u through waninkoko firmware update will cIOSCORP V3.6 work?(hope that).
i want a patch for wii and gc regionfree games other than preloder .
thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiCrazy said:
XFlak said:
I think ninty actually accomplished something this time, currently virgin 4.3 Jap and korean wii's are unhackable

Well giantpune's trick seems to work for those people..
http://gbatemp.net/t243210-mariokart-pwns
not true, don't forget we're talking about virgin wii's, pune trick only works if they have darkcorp or a modchip installed

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
XFlak said:
WiiCrazy said:
XFlak said:
I think ninty actually accomplished something this time, currently virgin 4.3 Jap and korean wii's are unhackable

Well giantpune's trick seems to work for those people..
http://gbatemp.net/t243210-mariokart-pwns
not true, don't forget we're talking about virgin wii's, pune trick only works if they have darkcorp or a modchip installed

Well 50% of people who softmod already uses services of others so it's still a solution...

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So Metorid other M works fine for me,except for i cant load it in Disc channel,and its annoying trying to get it to work on NeoGamma.Anyone know if theres a safe way to update to 4.3 without homebrew stuff getting screwed up?

Duria

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to get around the "System Update" on the disc channel? I've read a little about Darkcorp but I'm not really sure what it does/how it works and if it is safe.

Sorry if I sound like a n00b. ._.;

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duria said:
Is there any way to get around the "System Update" on the disc channel? I've read a little about Darkcorp but I'm not really sure what it does/how it works and if it is safe.

Sorry if I sound like a n00b. ._.;
Priiloader -> block disc updates

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please help , so metroid has 4.3u on it i heard
so I have wiikey v1 hardmod no softmod or homebrew
I play all games from disc I'm at 4.2u and 1.9s firmware ntsc
so can i update to 4.3u from the metroid disc ? will it brick my wii ? will all same region games still work?
also in future with 4.3u installed will i be able to update my wiikey still once 1.99 is out of beta
any help much appreciated I dont wanna ruin such I good thing I have

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hiver said:
please help , so metroid has 4.3u on it i heard
so I have wiikey v1 hardmod no softmod or homebrew
I play all games from disc I'm at 4.2u and 1.9s firmware ntsc
so can i update to 4.3u from the metroid disc ? will it brick my wii ? will all same region games still work?
also in future with 4.3u installed will i be able to update my wiikey still once 1.99 is out of beta
any help much appreciated I dont wanna ruin such I good thing I have

QUOTE(Krestent @ Sep 1 2010, 04:31 PM) Priiloader -> block disc updates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes