New SNES After Market Fighting game, Unholy Night: The Darkness Hunter

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is superman doing imitating a MARVEL character? :creep:

I know it doesn't look good considering is a SNES GAME, but I mean least they could have done is made it a VC game of some kind, get included on upcoming snes classic, or as a additional game on steam or some other service for a much more "developed" game. Honestly I didn't know people had interest in developing games for aftermarket consoles, and chances of people still owning the original (not reproduction clone) system is low, the idea of someone wanting to play a new fighting game for snes in a already oversaturated fighting game market is questionable.

Not sure of the point, guess the main marketing behind this was the ex SNK playmore employees since it seem emphasized. SNES was capable of more, it looks like a GBA game. Probably people who would buy it
  • Still owns a snes/Super famicom currently
  • Likes collecting games for it
  • Likes buying retail games for boxart, manual, cart, marketing imaging etc.
My point would be a safer risk of such things like not making games for aftermarket consoles with no digital version.

D

Deleted User

I won't lie; this is actually pretty freakin' cool. Can't believe I found this thread a bit late.

However, to be honest, I feel this fighting game could have been better implemented on a Dreamcast or Neo Geo. Maybe it's just because I'm used to CPS2 fighting games :P

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't lie; this is actually pretty freakin' cool. Can't believe I found this thread a bit late.

However, to be honest, I feel this fighting game could have been better implemented on a Dreamcast or Neo Geo. Maybe it's just because I'm used to CPS2 fighting games :P
Well I made a valid point of the snes classic having turbo hyper edition and 20 other games to go along with it in HD and also being on virtual console, super street fighter 2 or alpha 2. Still I don't know why they would choose the basic instead of the improved game, super street fighter 2, or even the street fighter anniversary edition, but with HD and online multiplayer.

Reactions: KiiWii

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like unholy night has been dumped by team alacant but there are no signs of where to actually find it if it has been uploaded online.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like unholy night has been dumped by team alacant but there are no signs of where to actually find it if it has been uploaded online.

Yeah, I'm searching for it too. I presume it will turn up in the complete romsets when they're next updated.

Honestly I didn't know people had interest in developing games for aftermarket consoles, and chances of people still owning the original (not reproduction clone) system is low, the idea of someone wanting to play a new fighting game for snes in a already oversaturated fighting game market is questionable.

You're lack of understanding of the vast retro community is questionable. ...but I agree in so much as their choice of developing a FG for the SNES when there are more preferable platforms for us retro fans that love the genre. Neo Geo CD or Dreamcast would've been my preference.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it is a new official game for the Snes.:creep:
Depends on what you mean by official. Is not licensed by Nintendo, lacks that sea of quality so of course that isn't official compared to something like Street fighter 2. Like this post, approved by nintendo. :P

D

Deleted User

Depends on what you mean by official. Is not licensed by Nintendo, lacks that sea of quality so of course that isn't official compared to something like Street fighter 2. Like this post, approved by nintendo. :P

OMG! Then handle with care!:rofl2:
You don´t want something to happen to your precious Console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi