United States
a1e45881ba395108290b7c578ebb72b8.jpg

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I definitely did. Since the YAMT guide has you copying over the files from the uma0 partition to the ux0, it created a bunch of new files. Since I had those files in the backup as well, then I chose to keep the newer files instead of replacing them with the backups so this could be the issue.

Yeah, its unchecked. The entire reason that setting is unchecked in the first place was for the first time I hacked my Vita a year ago haha

You should also copy everything over, when it asks you if you want to replace the old file, replace the old one, zzblank the card then format as exFAT, then use StorageMgr to set up SD2Vita as ux0, note that it require a reboot for StorageMgr when you configure it in your config.txt, skprx plugin require restart.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also kept mine like that for whenever I back up my micro sd cards, just for the vita/pstv. it's been that way for years.

CakeBuffet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is happening? is it trying to have you format or something?
No no, not at all. Basically in the YAMT guide, it tells you to copy the files from the uma0 partition to the ux0 partition. I did that. When I went to transfer the backup files over to the SD Card, it tells me that there's "x files with the same name". Instead of replacing the newly created files with the backups, I chose to skip it, so I kept the new files, which likely could have messed some data up since its a combination of new configurations and old data.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You should also copy everything over, when it asks you if you want to replace the old file, replace the old one, zzblank the card then format as exFAT, then use StorageMgr to set up SD2Vita as ux0, note that it require a reboot for StorageMgr when you configure it in your config.txt, skprx plugin require restart.
Whoa whoa ok, I'm getting some mixed signals here. Some of you are telling me to use YAMT and are insistent I stick with it, but then I should also try storagemgr again since that was the configuration for my old SD Card that is now out of commission. From what I can understand, if the file copying was not the issue, then I should try the storagemgr method?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no, not at all. Basically in the YAMT guide, it tells you to copy the files from the uma0 partition to the ux0 partition. I did that. When I went to transfer the backup files over to the SD Card, it tells me that there's "x files with the same name". Instead of replacing the newly created files with the backups, I chose to skip it, so I kept the new files, which likely could have messed some data up since its a combination of new configurations and old data.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whoa whoa ok, I'm getting some mixed signals here. Some of you are telling me to use YAMT and are insistent I stick with it, but then I should also try storagemgr again since that was the configuration for my old SD Card that is now out of commission. From what I can understand, if the file copying was not the issue, then I should try the storagemgr method?

You can use either, it result the same in the end.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yamt is the better of the two, since it's faster (mostly boot up speed), according to the community, but games seem to load instantly or at least very fast as well. I've never tried storage manager though.

CakeBuffet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use either, it result the same in the end.
yamt is the better of the two, since it's faster (mostly boot up speed), according to the community, but games seem to load instantly or at least very fast as well. I've never tried storage manager though.
Excuse the late response, I didn't have a chance to post an update the previous day. From my experience, there isn't a significant difference between storagemgr and YAMT, but I feel YAMT was a lot easier to set up than storagemgr.

Anyways, I managed to get it working with YAMT. It seems that my speculation was correct. It was in fact the files that I didn't overwrite that was causing problems. Though I still seem to have an issue or two with my games where it shows an error, everything else is in working order for the most part. Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9