Misc New SD card, copied content from the old one, previously installed games won't work. Why? :(

xenon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Like the title says, I just got a 256gb card, copied over all content from my old 128gb one (via a PC of course), now all games that were installed won't work. Games installed in the NAND and games installed to the new SD card do work.
The games appear in the library but don't run (no error code, just the "try from the Home menu..." message. DBI says all those games are 0 bytes in size and that "Meta content is missing".

I was under the impression that copying content this way should "just work". If that's the case, what went wrong or what did I do wrong (can't think of anything, but...). Thanks!

Notes: both cards FAT32, latest Atmo, latest firmware, older card preserved and everything still works with it. No sysnand/emunand thing.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the title says, I just got a 256gb card, copied over all content from my old 128gb one (via a PC of course), now all games that were installed won't work. Games installed in the NAND and games installed to the new SD card do work.
The games appear in the library but don't run (no error code, just the "try from the Home menu..." message. DBI says all those games are 0 bytes in size and that "Meta content is missing".

I was under the impression that copying content this way should "just work". If that's the case, what went wrong or what did I do wrong (can't think of anything, but...). Thanks!

Notes: both cards FAT32, latest Atmo, latest firmware, older card preserved and everything still works with it. No sysnand/emunand thing.
Title says don't and your post says do what one?

xenon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I'll try again:

• games that were installed on the old card don't work on the new card
  • games that were installed on the NAND still work
  • games installed on the the new card (not copied from the old card, fresh installs after the swap) work

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try again:

• games that were installed on the old card don't work on the new card
  • games that were installed on the NAND still work
  • games installed on the the new card (not copied from the old card, fresh installs after the swap) work
you cant just drag n drop everything to a new sd card. if you wanted to 100% transfer your old sd card to your new one, you should of first created a image of the old sd card, then burned it to the new sd card.

now you have to install all those games again manually.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
copied over all content from my old 128gb one (via a PC of course)
I'm so very tired.

The easiest thing to tell you, (re-?)uninstall the other games that don't work, using DBI; install them on the new card.

You could copy them over, but

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I just did this and didn't have any issues (well, only with /switch folder, which is irrelevant here). Assuming you used Windows to copy the files, did you enable hidden and system files in Explorer, while transferring the data over to new mSD?

tiger123

Trophies
XP
Country
India
you cant just drag n drop everything to a new sd card. if you wanted to 100% transfer your old sd card to your new one, you should of first created a image of the old sd card, then burned it to the new sd card.

now you have to install all those games again manually.
thats not neccessary since i transfered mine from 256 gb to 512 gb by just drag and drop and mine works perfectly in new sd 512 gb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol