Hacking New Playstation Network T&Cs?

Alex79uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morning all - I'm on holiday this week, so have signed in to the PSN on the hotel wifi on my Vita. I got a message flashing up saying there are new PSN terms and conditions, which I must agree to if I want to connect to the network, including a line (highlighted in bold) about being banned with no refunds if you do not comply.

Maybe it's always said this, and maybe I'm being paranoid, but I'm guessing this is in response to the HENKaku hack? Has anyone accepted? Anyone had any issues yet? It's annoying because I'm already in love with this hack, but I've spent over £500 on legit games over the years.

What a pain in the ass.

Last edited by Alex79uk,

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Nah, only paranoids should worry about bans. Homebrew, emulators won't get you banned but if their PSN online experience is compromised I.e game modding, cheating and trophy mods and anything related to the user experience:P will risk a ban.

If it helps, just have Airplane mode on after enabling Henkaku.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

PhreakNo1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It looks like a lot of stuff about Main accounts and sub accounts, so I don't even think it's that relevant to PSVita

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12k users installed HENkaku in it's first 2 days of being released, Sony knows the vita has died long ago, banning HENkaku users will be pretty much pissing lff and killing the few remaining users who still use their Vita...

Then having into account that many of these users have a PS4, because if you went out to buy a vita (which not may did) why the heck would you not have a PS4 by now since pretty much everyone else did... It would be a terrible idea to ban all these users who probably generate money on a regular basis just because they ran some homebrew on a dead console...

This update on the user agreement only came out in EU by the way, probably they had programmed to release this ToS update long ago and it just happened to be a coincidence that it came out shortly after HENkaku's release.

I have spent thousands of dollars into PSN in the last 6 years, if Sony decides I deserve to be banned for using HENkaku then so be it, I'll take that as a clear sign that I'm not a valued customer, move into PC gaming instead and never spent a dime in Sony again, but hey that's just me, if you think you will cry a river over losing your PSN games and trophies you should probably create a new account and stop using HENkaku on your main one.

Last edited by Tony_93,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::tpi: No :mellow: