New Nintendo 3DS XL and 2DS colors announced for Europe

Cp913YVWcAAsW5Z.jpg

ss+(2016-08-25+at+05.58.36) (1).jpg

Nintendo of Europe announced that three New 3DS XL color variants will be hitting store shelves on November 11th. The colors are orange/black, white, and pink/white. There will also be a blue/black Yokai Watch 2DS along with a pink/white 2DS Style Boutique 2 system. Both of these handhelds will have the respective games pre-installed. There is no word on if these systems will come to other countries at this time.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Chary,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess... they are going to kill the unit soon, but what to give the illusion that they will be supporting far past the holidays?

I think realistically the 3DS still has a solid 2 years ahead of it. I think whether it even has a proper successor will depend on what exactly the NX is and how well adapted it becomes.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The white one looks lovely the rest look Meh.

Just my anectdotal experience, but I avoid white Nintendo handhelds like the plague. Had a white DSlite that cracked on one of the hinges. Covered by warranty, replaced by Nintendo. After 9 months, same thing happened to the replacement. The second replacement lasted several years, but it cracked too. My son's black DSlite had a shorted out top screen, so I made a Frankenstein DSlite out of both of them a few years ago.

When the 3DS XL Animal Crossing special edition came out in Japan, my wife just had to have it. I warned her. It lasted a couple years, just being used here at home. We are both in our 40's and not rough on the gadgets, btw. But her right hinge crumbled just a couple months ago. I patched it together with epoxy and a couple layers of clear packaging tape as a laminate for strength. It's holding together, for now.

I don't know why the white plastic would be more brittle than other colors, but it do.

Reactions: BurningDesire

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think realistically the 3DS still has a solid 2 years ahead of it. I think whether it even has a proper successor will depend on what exactly the NX is and how well adapted it becomes.

True, I just expect the amount of releases to severely dwindle once the NX releases. Unless of course no one likes the NX.

Reactions: duffmmann

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Good to see a Pre-installed European Yokai Watch I see it interesting if it don"t cost too much to get the game for no much and a 2DS as I don"t have any and I want to get some Nand files of a 2DS for some tests.

icecreamcake

Trophies
XP
Country
It will be cheaper to Nintendo to don"t use a hinge and one large screen isntead of two smaller screens.

Foldable device is more portable. I don't think the average Nintendo fan is ready for a single screen tablet yet. You'll need a carrying case to prevent dust and pocket gunk from smearing the screen.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foldable device is more portable. I don't think the average Nintendo fan is ready for a single screen tablet yet. You'll need a carrying case to prevent dust and pocket gunk from smearing the screen.

I agree, I prefer the idea of closing up a unit with 2 screens like we've had, over a device as big as say the 2DS with only one big screen. Plus I feel like there is a lot of logic to actually having two screens, from inventory management to the ability to quickly look at a map, and so much more without disrupting the flow of gameplay or needlessly taking up extra real estate on the main screen.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Boobs without nipples are also pointless.
Think of the three models as a demo (2DS), a full game (3DS), and a full game with DLC (New3DS).
There is no DLC for the demo, because it's stupid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land