Hacking New Gateway 3.1.1 update (with Cubic Ninja support!)

stussy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, the more I read more I have doubts!! I'll write the steps I'll follow, If I wrong at some point someone please say something.
1) First I put the Launcher.dat in the root od Mircro SD card that goes inside of the New 3DS.
2) So I do all the processes with Cubic Ninja, and launch Gateway Mode.
3) Change the Cubic Ninja to Red Gateway. Now I choose Backup System Nand and after that Format Emunand.
4) Now after all these processes do I only have to choose Gateway mode to enter in Emunand?
5) Is the any update to apply on gateway cartidge?

Thanks in advance!

Just make sure your in gateway mode when updating
What ever you do don't go out of internet settings or else
You will get kicked out of gateway mode and accidentally update
To ofw

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess no body knows if the nand restore function works on the n3ds, oh well. Its nice having the n3ds with gateway. Bloody nice upgrade to the o3ds.

Maximoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just make sure your in gateway mode when updating
What ever you do don't go out of internet settings or else
You will get kicked out of gateway mode and accidentally update
To ofw

Ok! But when I enter in Gateway Mode it means I am in Emunand? And if I go to System Settings to check if I really in Emunand and then exit I still in Emunand?

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok! But when I enter in Gateway Mode it means I am in Emunand? And if I go to System Settings to check if I really in Emunand and then exit I still in Emunand?

Once you exit Settings you will be booted out of GW mode and into sysnand. Make sure you see GW3D in front of firmware and don't exit settings and goto system update. Also dont; update firmware from eShop but updating games from eShop is ok.

Maximoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Once you exit Settings you will be booted out of GW mode and into sysnand. Make sure you see GW3D in front of firmware and don't exit settings and goto system update. Also dont; update firmware from eShop but updating games from eShop is ok.

Ok but to be clear, when I choose Gateway Mode it's 100% sure that I am in Emunand?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just left to Walmart and got back. I really just wanted a black one but there were 2 red ones left. Took a gamble and notice that the serial number wasn't documented but it looks like it falls in the category of having 9.0 on it. I asked about the return policy and was on my way home. Powered it up, went through the settings and enjoyed the enhance 3d testing and this is what I found.

20150317_221827.jpg

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
lots of yeps from you. I guess the wait is finally over.... where to go now... what else is there for us?
Idk man, I've kept contact with a few of the old crew, I think I have you on steam as well. I'm gonna chill here on the temp. WiiU exploit is about to be released soon™ and I wanna see it unfold :) so plenty hype left I guess.

Met a lot of awesome people here durning this short wait, and a whole ton of trolls lol. Been fun, but it has also been fun to use my GW during these past few days :)

Yep, that's about it. Yep. Yep yep. We wait for the next wait.

Maximoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have to format emunand first, and make sure you see GW3D before updating.

Ok!!

Now a doubt about updating a game. In Emunand I choose the game, Zelda: Majora's for example, the icon appears and what's next? I have to go to eshop and there the game is updated automaticlly?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Idk man, I've kept contact with a few of the old crew, I think I have you on steam as well. I'm gonna chill here on the temp. WiiU exploit is about to be released soon™ and I wanna see it unfold :) so plenty hype left I guess.

Met a lot of awesome people here durning this short wait, and a whole ton of trolls lol. Been fun, but it has also been fun to use my GW during these past few days :)

oh add me on steam: VinsCool

What is yours'?

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yeah i do have you on steam. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ea4shDnC04