Hardware New 3DS XL shoulder button replacement?

link6155

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I dropped my new 3DS like an idiot and the R Shoulder button was what hit the ground. Fortunately there was only very minor scratches on the button and nowhere else on the system. However, when I press the R shoulder button, it feels 'mushy' now. If I press the top half of the button, it doesn't register that I pressed it. If I press the bottom half, it feels fine and it works. I open up the inside of my N3DSXL and I checked the shoulder buttons. It seems perfectly fine, nothing broken, dented, or misaligned. No matter how many times I check or realign it, it doesn't feel the same as it did before I dropped it.

Is there a place where I can buy a replacement button for my New 3DS XL? My N3DSXL is red, but I don't really mind a different color shoulder button as long as it works.

Off topic, I was talking to a Nintendo represenative about sending in my 3DS for repair. The first time I called they said I can send in my 3DS even though I had open/tampered with it. The second time I called they said I can't send it in and that they can tell if I open it as there some kind of seal that gets broken. Which representative is right and how does this 'seal' work (does it even exist)?

polarurs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is anything like DIY 3DS maintenance, you'll have to wait for people to start scrapping N3DSes and selling the parts on ebay-- which isn't really happening yet. Best chances are with trying to get Nintendo to repair it. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is using the same type of shoulder button for the N3DS as they did with the old one. If a repair from Nintendo isn't an option, there are cheap old 3DS parts you can give a shot (no guarantee).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Left-Right-...352?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3399f3f5f0

link6155

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best chances are with trying to get Nintendo to repair it. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is using the same type of shoulder button for the N3DS as they did with the old one. If a repair from Nintendo isn't an option, there are cheap old 3DS parts you can give a shot (no guarantee).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Left-Right-...352?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3399f3f5f0

Unfortunately they are not the same as the new shoulder button ribbon cables also include the new ZL and ZR buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Every so often they only come around like once a year