New 3DS XL Bricked, How Do I Just Undo Everything

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometime in what I assume was 2016, I tried to do homebrew on my New 3DS XL. You can guess from how long its been and how little I'm aware of that I don't entirely know about what I went about with it all. I do have the micro SD card I used then but, surprise, I don't have a nand backup. I was impatient when I was younger and stupidly just turned off the system while homebrew was doing its thing on top of that. At the moment, the system doesn't turn on with an SD Card inside, and with it out I can reach the menu but can't open any games. I can open the System Settings but I have a Parental Code, and troubleshooting freezes the system. At this point, I'm all open if I need to hardmod and take it apart or whatever, it's just sort of difficult to find any proper resources about it. So I'd figure I'd ask the realm of GBAtemp about it. I'll promise to backup my NAND from here on, I just want one less paperweight.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
i know you fixed this. can you post how for future reference for anybody who happens to see this thread?

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i know you fixed this. can you post how for future reference for anybody who happens to see this thread?
You can fix any bricked device (as long as it is software related) with magnethax aka ntrboothax. You need a compatible DS flashcard, a magnet and a method to install the exploit on the flashcard (e.g. with another CFW-enabled 3DS)

Reactions: Flame

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Realized I should've before reporting it. I carried through with soundhax, specifically using stuff meant for 2.1.0.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started

When getting an error with Godmode9, because of how the New 3DS is, I followed https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer. Any other specific errors were resolved with members of the homebrew discord, like there was an issue with my LocalFriendCode and essential.exsf files.

Last edited by Tsukiru,
Reactions: Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?