• Total voters

MyDePain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
(I'm French and my english is bad :-()

Hi, for Christmas I hesitate between the ps4, the new 3ds (xl) and the nintendo switch. But I come here for questions on the new 3ds and the new 3ds xl. First, new 3ds or new 3ds xl? I love the xl side of the new 3ds xl, I love the black color, I love the comfort of play and on the new 3ds I love the color white with the side customizable and the size is not too serious because I have a dsi and it does not bother me too much. Then I would like to know if I can launch roms via the homebrew launcher using browserhax without brick. Is Menuhax also at risk of brick? Can Luma3ds brick the console? Can CFW and the homebrew launcher be permanently deleted? What is the best: 3ds flashcard or hax?

Last edited by MyDePain,

metalknuxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A9LH (the best hax atm) has a brick chance, very very low if you do all the guide 100% correctly (plailect guide), but still a slim chance, that's why you need to take NAND backups when the guide tells you to do so.

Menuhax doesn't have a brick chance.

Homebrew launcher can't launch 3DS Games, you'll need A9LH for that
it can run emulators though (GBA, GBC, SNES, etc...)

Last edited by metalknuxx,
Reactions: MyDePain

SushiKing

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Once you play the N3dsxl, you'll never use the smaller one ever again. But i'd say the n3ds is more comfortable but honsetly big screens is sooooo much better.

Gelums

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thx
New 3ds or new 3ds xl?
I have both, the small 3ds feels like a toy but the screen is much sharper than the XL. The XL feels more durable and fits big hands well, the screen is nice and big, but not as sharp as the smaller device. I would prefer the XL still though, I hardly use the small one and my friend tells me he always needs to charge it. XL does have more battery as well.

Last edited by Gelums,
D

Deleted User

After owning multiple 3DS and 3DSXLs, I picked up the New 3DS for the $100 deal on Black Friday. Even though I really enjoy it, if you had to pick between the New 3DS or New 3DS XL both at full price, the XL is such a better deal. You sacrifice sharper screens and more appealing ABXY buttons for the bigger screens which is definitely the right choice.

MyDePain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After owning multiple 3DS and 3DSXLs, I picked up the New 3DS for the $100 deal on Black Friday. Even though I really enjoy it, if you had to pick between the New 3DS or New 3DS XL both at full price, the XL is such a better deal. You sacrifice sharper screens and more appealing ABXY buttons for the bigger screens which is definitely the right choice.
Ok thx for your help :) I think buy the XL but I'm not totally sure x)

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But you could also sharpshoot a New 3DS Super Mario 3D Land Edition with serial YW7010 or YW7011 for Dual IPS screens confirmed or any other serial for a 10.7 console. Also, 99% of N3DS' cover plates don't support N3DSXL, so that's a good point for the normal one.

I gotta admit, its outer cameras are a little awkward, but that can be fixed (also the "it's too small" problem) by buying an acrylic case, like this one: http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/...rilico-transparente-para-nintendo-new-3ds-_JM (sorry for the brazilian site)

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude look up new 3ds firmware store and a reddit thing should pop up, get one with 10.6 or less
To be honest with you, it is a stupid question. Easy answer: A new XL because its bigger screen than new 3DS. :)

However, find a lower firmware if you want a jailbreak. :)
But you could also sharpshoot a New 3DS Super Mario 3D Land Edition with serial YW7010 or YW7011 for Dual IPS screens confirmed or any other serial for a 10.7 console. Also, 99% of N3DS' cover plates don't support N3DSXL, so that's a good point for the normal one.

I gotta admit, its outer cameras are a little awkward, but that can be fixed (also the "it's too small" problem) by buying an acrylic case, like this one: http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/...rilico-transparente-para-nintendo-new-3ds-_JM (sorry for the brazilian site)
^^^^^

And, if you wanna put a decal on your N3DS, you could have a cover plate for each one on the normal one:

Last edited by Hyoretsu,
Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1