Not open for further replies.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
netflixwarning.jpg

It looks like Netflix is cracking down on people who 'share' Netflix accounts by limiting the amount of movies that can be streamed at the same time by one account. Many people are reporting that Netflix hasn't allowed concurrent streams since their price hike.

Unofficially, there has always been a limit on how many streams you could watch at once but, um, it wasn't really enforced. I could watch something, my friend could watch something, another friend could watch, we could all watch different things at the same time! Looks like those wild ways have changed:

Some membership plans allow you to watch simultaneously on more than one personal computer or Netflix ready device at the same time. If you are on the 1 disc out at-a-time plan [or stream-only plan], you may watch only one device at a time. If you are on the 2 discs out at-a-time plan, you may watch on up to two devices at the same time. Members on the 3 disc plan can watch on up to three devices. The maximum is four devices simultaneously, and that is available for members on the 4 or greater discs out at-a-time plans.[/p]

arrow.gif
Source

I'll go contact my family members in US, they gonna love this
tpi.gif

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have the 3 disc plan so this does not really bother me that much. We only ever use 2 streams at most any way.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Makes sense. They don't want an account sapping all their bandwidth but offer the option to have more streams if you give them more money. Perfectly logical.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pretty much what would be expected in the long run. I'm actually amazed that this was possible till now
tongue.gif

-Qtis

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Makes sense. They don't want an account sapping all their bandwidth but offer the option to have more streams if you give them more money. Perfectly logical.

Exactly. I mean the only people this is going to piss off are the ones stealing sharing an account and if they feel it is worth stealing sharing then its probably worth paying for then too.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Netflix just gets worst and worst.

I have had an account for a year now with netflix and guess what?, streaming on multiple device through one account never worked. Nothing has changed.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
chartube12 said:
Jakob95 said:
Netflix just gets worst and worst.

I have had an account for a year now with netflix and guess what?, streaming on multiple device through one account never worked. Nothing has changed.
Your account was a beta tester for this programme
tpi.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess my mom, brother, and sister have to buy their own netflix accounts or pay for DVD's. I'm not paying for DVD's....

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Zetta_x said:
I guess my mom, brother, and sister have to buy their own netflix accounts or pay for DVD's. I'm not paying for DVD's....
Go to theatre, that's what I do. Only for worth-watching movies.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol seems I won't be able to watch in my living room and on my phone at the same time great

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
Zetta_x said:
Go to theatre, that's what I do. Only for worth-watching movies.
That is not a viable option, most poeple use netflix because its cheaper than cabletv and you can watch movies. A movie ticket is freakin 10 dollars, thats good enough for a month's worth of subcription of netflix.I dont get why poeple are complaining about this, its still a great price for streaming movies legally on multiple devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye