Hacking Neogamma R9 Channels

Do you want all future versions of NeoGamma channels to have autoboot or no autoboot? (Do you need a

• Autoboot needed

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Autoboot NOT needed

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Autoboot AND non-autoboot needed

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol, guess I never needed to build the autoboot version. Of course it was only like 5 minutes of work since the code was mostly there already, but still.
It wasn't just 5 minutes for me, I had to comment out most of the things that it displays while loading the game. But I just found out that I forgot to to comment out one of them. Lol, but I guess it's alright.
Oh, I didn't do any of that, because I figured it was good to see any patches that were applied. I just uncommented the autoboot code and updated it to work with the cIOS auto-selection. It's a couple revisions behind, but you can take a look here if you want:
http://www.mediafire.com/?461aykw9s29z52s

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, guess I never needed to build the autoboot version. Of course it was only like 5 minutes of work since the code was mostly there already, but still.
It wasn't just 5 minutes for me, I had to comment out most of the things that it displays while loading the game. But I just found out that I forgot to to comment out one of them. Lol, but I guess it's alright.
Oh, I didn't do any of that, because I figured it was good to see any patches that were applied. I just uncommented the autoboot code and updated it to work with the cIOS auto-selection. It's a couple revisions behind, but you can take a look here if you want:
http://www.mediafire...461aykw9s29z52s
Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it. :)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm Just wondering why, the autoboot channel doesn't return to the Wii Menu and loops back to autobooting the same game, that I've already just played. :/

NeoGamma always patches return to system menu to return to the channel NeoGamma was booted from. For me it's HBC, and it's a super nice feature to test several games in a row. For people who use NeoGamma as an usb loader from a channel, it's nice as well. But if you really want to get back to the system menu, you have to turn off and on your Wii or change the source code.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, no wonder why then and I thought those endless stairs on Super Mario 64 were just as bad.

Is there any chance of a autoboot channel that returns to the Wii Menu, instead of back to NeoGamma? I used to have an old autoboot channel which was similar, but it never went back to either NeoGamma or HBC though.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah, no wonder why then and I thought those endless stairs on Super Mario 64 were just as bad.

Is there any chance of a autoboot channel that returns to the wii menu, instead of back to NeoGamma? I used to have an old autoboot channel which was similar, but it never went back to either NeoGamma or HBC though.
Try commenting out this line in apploader.c
Code:
tell_cIOS_to_return_to_channel();

I haven't tried it myself, but I'm reasonably sure that will work.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Loading Games with DML requires any Disc to be present in the Wii Drive!
can this be fixed using the options or I have to wait for future releases?
That's just the way it is. It's hardly a big deal since it can even be a Wii game. Even if it can be changed, I imagine it is low priority.

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Is there any chance of a autoboot channel that returns to the wii menu, instead of back to NeoGamma? I used to have an old autoboot channel which was similar, but it never went back to either NeoGamma or HBC though.
Try commenting out this line in apploader.c
Code:
tell_cIOS_to_return_to_channel();

I haven't tried it myself, but I'm reasonably sure that will work.
Thanks for the code, I actually missed this one. I'll look into it and see if I can get it to work.

To be honest, I can't really do it on my blackberry and I haven't got any of the compiling tools on my computer in order to do it myself.
I'll compile it and test it out. Once I get it working then I'll post up on the first page.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Loading Games with DML requires any Disc to be present in the Wii Drive!
can this be fixed using the options or I have to wait for future releases?
That's just the way it is. It's hardly a big deal since it can even be a Wii game. Even if it can be changed, I imagine it is low priority.
Thanks, It's really a bug cause with DML mode no disc isrequired.
Is there a quick way to stop disc check in DML mode.
ABZ

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
A weird experiment to whom it may concern:
1. Create dmlr12 wad
2. use showmiiwads to change the IOS slot to 212 (just picked it up, can be any number) and install it with the wad manager
3. Convert any GC ISO to wbfs format using wit and place it in usb://wbfs folder
4. Run USB Loader GX and start the game you converted after changing ios slot to 212
tada...
DML runs the last game you played in DML menu using Neogamma or Postloader
Maybe someone can benefit from this to integrate DML in USB loader GX
n.b. syscheck might give problems when checking ios212 but who cares :)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A weird experiment to whom it may concern:
1. Create dmlr12 wad
2. use showmiiwads to change the IOS slot to 212 (just picked it up, can be any number) and install it with the wad manager
3. Convert any GC ISO to wbfs format using wit and place it in usb://wbfs folder
4. Run USB Loader GX and start the game you converted after changing ios slot to 212
tada...
DML runs the last game you played in DML menu using Neogamma or Postloader
Maybe someone can benefit from this to integrate DML in USB loader GX
n.b. syscheck might give problems when checking ios212 but who cares :)

Can you stop it please?
1. Ok
2. This will work. But if you boot this IOS, BC will not be executed, which means MIOS runs at wii speed, and the aram stuff is totally messed up. That's the reason for the old DML's bad compatilbity with BootMii IOS. This was the reason why DML is not installed on real nand, so that BC is executed. BC always boots MIOS, changing this would be some complicated work nobody did until now.
3. Ok
4. See 2. After booting this IOS, DML is running, which means DML is running on the arm processor and the MIOS IPL is running on the ppc. Nothing from any usb loader survives this other than stuff written into memory.
tada...
Adding DML to any usb loader support is simple, just copy a few lines from NeoGamma's code and add a menu to select the game.

It's nice that you have some ideas, but all this was discussed 1000 times aready and tried 100 times already. At least read the discussion of the DML thread.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just my opinion but Auto-boot should be something you can enable in the options of NeoGamma cause it's nice if your burning single games but if your burning multi-disc games then Auto-boot doesnt do much for you.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
This is just my opinion but Auto-boot should be something you can enable in the options of NeoGamma cause it's nice if your burning single games but if your burning multi-disc games then Auto-boot doesnt do much for you.
I agree, Also disc check should be added to options too so that DML will run games with no discs inserted.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I agree, Also disc check should be added to options too so that DML will run games with no discs inserted.
It's not just some swithch you flip on or off, lol. Don't expect DML to run without a disc anytime soon (if ever).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc