Hacking Neogamma GameCube Backups Error

tenentenen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I know there are many threads like this floating around, but I wan't a specific thread for my problem, to make it easier than hijacking another persons.

So here's what I know about my system.
I'm using Neogamma to attempt to load gc backups from DVD.
When I boot up Neogamma, The bottom reads "NeoGamma R9 b50, cIOS60rev20 slot 249"
I can run wii backup games through disc and usb through NeoGamma or CFG usb loader.
I have installed the cMIOS v10.

Now, when I attempt to load a gamecube backup, I get the following readout:
Loading Backup Disc...
DiscID: G8ME01, Name: Paper MArio
System Language:English, video region: NTSC, Prog: no, pal60: no
reloader activated...
failed to read DVD 636
Error 0x31100 Ready.
Halting

I've tried diffeent "GC Options" in neogamma, without any luck...

Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, error 0x31100 is "Unrecovered read error". Is this a multi game disc? Do you have a modchip? How sure are you that you have a good burn?

bubali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am Having Problem trying to Make Zelda Wind waker Working i already waisted 4x cd

I got it to work 1st time but when i enter Link grandma house i get Error disc something come out
and 3rd cd wont even start

Last one said DVD+R when booting from Neogamma.

i am using DVD+R but could that really be the problem?
Cause it did work for 1st cd just yea idk......
i used 1x speed 2x speed 4x speed for Burning

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same, but when my multi iso disc loads loading mario kart DD, all it does is freeze in the intro with the guy holding the stop lights, then BAM! sorry the dis could not be read. any ideas?

bubali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there a way to make multi disc but like all zelda windwaker one of them has work, waisting 4 cd not funneh for 1 game...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
serenade.63 said:
gamecube games must be loaded from dvd-r, that is absolutely your problem

That's not true. When you bitset your DVD+R to DVD-R, there's no difference for the Wii if it's a real DVD-R or a DVD+R.

QUOTE(bubali @ Aug 15 2011, 04:02 AM) is there a way to make multi disc but like all zelda windwaker one of them has work, waisting 4 cd not funneh for 1 game...

You produce bad burns. Get better quality media, use 8x speed and get a better burner. If you don't dramatically increase the quality of your burns, you'll end up playing, but also destroying your laser within weeks.

bubali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You produce bad burns. Get better quality media, use 8x speed and get a better burner. If you don't dramatically increase the quality of your burns, you'll end up playing, but also destroying your laser within weeks.
[/quote]

So what your saying is use 8x speed?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are ANDs between, you need all this. And current media is designed to be burned fast, don't know the technical details how this can be. But it's true.

bubali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
There are ANDs between, you need all this. And current media is designed to be burned fast, don't know the technical details how this can be. But it's true.

K i'll test it out then Thx i'll let ya know how it goes.

bubali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
K so i got Zelda to work And Paper Mario guess it crashes 1st time i run it

But luigi mansion
NFS MW

Nothing i get DVD error 636 from NFS
DVD error 216 Luigi mansion
paper mario start but crash at beggining story < FIXED>

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you look at the compatiblity list:
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

You'll see that all these games are supposed to work even in WiiGator's loader, and NeoGamma's GC loader used that as base. NeoGamma might have broken one or 2 games, but it's highly unlikely it broke your 3 games at the same time.

Also, in NeoGamma, the 3 digits error numbers are totally random, the others are real error numbers. Anyways, all errors you describe fit the expected result on bad burns perfectly. Get better media! And if that doesn't help, get a better burner. You can use Nero's disc speed whatever tool to determine the disc quality. Please do that if you think you got good burns. Anything lower than 90% is a bad burn.

Brianakin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a similar issue with running Neogamma r9 b50 loading GC backups from Verbatim DVD-R. The ID at the bottom says IOS249 v65535. It gives me the main screen, it can read the titles on the disc, but when I go to launch from DVD, I get the usual 8 or so lines of text but then it hangs on "Launching game..." - no error IDs or anything. I have tried different variations on IOS249, installed the MIOS v10 wad, run WiiGator's cMIOS - basically everything the Play Gamecube Backups guide says to do. The disc is a multi-iso which was loading fine just over a month ago. I would expect these Verbatims to just "go bad". Though ImgBurn is having trouble verifying sectors, I managed to burn a DVD iso and play it in my DVD player, so the burning should not be the problem. Any ideas?

Brianakin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brianakin said:
I am having a similar issue with running Neogamma r9 b50 loading GC backups from Verbatim DVD-R. The ID at the bottom says IOS249 v65535. It gives me the main screen, it can read the titles on the disc, but when I go to launch from DVD, I get the usual 8 or so lines of text but then it hangs on "Launching game..." - no error IDs or anything. I have tried different variations on IOS249, installed the MIOS v10 wad, run WiiGator's cMIOS - basically everything the Play Gamecube Backups guide says to do. The disc is a multi-iso which was loading fine just over a month ago. I would expect these Verbatims to just "go bad". Though ImgBurn is having trouble verifying sectors, I managed to burn a DVD iso and play it in my DVD player, so the burning should not be the problem. Any ideas?

Appreciate everybody trying to help with this, but I managed to get it working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hi