Hardware Need urgent help......please......

garyla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently recieved my modded Wii today (Pal), it had the 3.1E firmware installed before i modded it with wiikey (official, not clone.)
After i recieved it, i checked several games:

*fake* Super Paper Mario (Pal) : Worked
*Legit* Metroid Prime 3 (Pal) : Did not work
*Legit* Wii play (Pal) : Worked

*fake* Super Mario Galaxy : asked for firmware upgrade, so i didnt try.

The Wii key firmware is 1.9g.

I would like to ask why Metroid Prime 3 didnt work..
and that updating the *super mario galaxy* firmware, would it or wouldnt it brick the Wii.

*additional information - have attempted with the config disc (i dont know which one, my friend attempted it), but got an CD error.

Thanks in advance.

briank2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently recieved my modded Wii today (Pal), it had the 3.1E firmware installed before i modded it with wiikey (official, not clone.)
After i recieved it, i checked several games:

*fake* Super Paper Mario (Pal) : Worked
*Legit* Metroid Prime 3Â Â (Pal)Â : Did not work
*Legit* Wii play       (Pal) : Worked

*fake* Super Mario Galaxy : asked for firmware upgrade, so i didnt try.

The Wii key firmware is 1.9g.

I would like to ask why Metroid Prime 3 didnt work..
and that updating the *super mario galaxy* firmware, would it or wouldnt it brick the Wii.

*additional information - have attempted with the config disc (i dont know which one, my friend attempted it), but got an CD error.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you really have 3.1E. If you did, metroid should work and I think SMG should work too. Is the smg game you have a ntsc or pal version? (SMG came out on friday in pal territories, didn't it?)...anyway, if you have a pal smg game, just allow the update and everything should work. BUT be SURE is is a pal disk or you probably will brick it if you don't have the latest pal firmware, which I suspect you don't.

The only reason I can think of why your config disk doesn't work is because you are above 2.2E...that confuses me a bit... maybe it's a bad disk...What does it say when you go into your wii settings?

Does the legit Metroid Prime 3 ask you to update? If it does, just do that and you should be fine for that game.

garyla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just checked Metroid Prime 3, and surprisingly it works (didnt work previously)
rofl2.gif

I checked my Wii setting and it says *3.1E*, I cant clarify about the message since my friend has the config CD.

I would like to ask what software you use to burn the config cd in or wii iso.
I have browsed around forums, and some recommended: Nero, whilst my friends recommends IMG.

I would also like to ask, is it safe to enable wiiconnect24, i disabled it incase of firmware updates that can possibly brick my wii...
unsure.gif

and finally
nyanya.gif
does online wii games work? i.e. mario strikers, medal of heroes 2, or other possible wii wifi games?

Sorry for the amount of bombarded questions, just want to be on the safe side.

Thanks previously.

Thanks in advance to those that answer these questions.
biggrin.gif

*edit

Super Mario Galaxy (Pal) asked to upgrade from 3.0E to 3.1E, but I have 3.1E already..so..do i just accept it?
accepting it would not do any harm to my wii/wiikey right?

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
The update on SMG isn't a firmware upgrade afaik. However you have to run the update to play the game, it should be fine as everyone else has had to install it.

As for your config disc problem, you will need to get the gcos version of the 1.3 config disc, set 'region override' to on and then save.. this option will enable you, from then on, to boot standard configuration discs as it's needed to get past the wii's firmware 3.1 protection.

Note if you get an 'error01' when booting SMG after running the update you will have to upgrade the wiikeys firmware to 1.9g, to have it run.

garyla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, going to try it later on today. But would like to ask what recommended software for burning the isos or the config cd?

Thanks again

garyla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im downloading Ecite truck via torrent right now..takes so long
cry.gif

Anyways, thanks for the recommendation on IMGburn, will use it when an iso has finished.
huh.gif

Last thing, can wiiconnect24 be activated on now? i left it off incase nintendo would detect my wiikey and update an firmware bricking the wii?
huh.gif

*edit

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
tip.. watch out when downloading older wii games. If they come as .wii files you will need to install an unscrambler to your pc to make it into a working iso ready to burn.

don't try burning the .wii file by renaming it to .iso

I say this because I'm pretty sure the 'excite truck' release comes as a .wii file

garyla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the advice, I will do as told if it is a .wii file.

Can anyone answer the question about 'wiiconnect24'?

Also any recommended site for downloading iso? Torrents are so slow
rofl2.gif

and i aint got any spare cash for *usenet

Thanks again

garyla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So...since i have firmware 3.1E, its like a downgrade..
wtf? can anyone clarify that someone had 3.1E, accepted the SMG update, and has been able to play SMG flawlessly?

Thanks

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its against the rules to ask about sites that allow you to download illegal files. Nintendo hasn't banned or bricked anyones console before so you have nothing to worry about.

garyla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry about asking for roms, I will edit is now.

So...since i have firmware 3.1E, its like a downgrade..
wtf? can anyone clarify that someone had 3.1E, accepted the SMG update, and has been able to play SMG flawlessly?

Thanks

Can anyone answer the question about SMG update, concerning that I have firmware 3.1E, but SMG asking from 3.0E..

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep I had 3.1E wii with wiikey. I updated the wiikey to 1.9g all fine. then I booked PAL Mario Galaxy, nothing appears in the disc channel, but you click on it and it asks to update. this takes very little time, then the wii reboots and you see mario galaxy in the disc channel, load and go
smile.gif

the wii stays at 3.1E, I dunno what that update does but you need to run it to play the game.

altijdwat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The update from SMG doesn't allow to run copy's anymore with the same protection thats why Wiikey 1.9g came out. From now on all new Ninentdo Wii games will have that protection, so yes you NEED to run the update and apply Wiikey 1.9g update this solves the new protection.

garyla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the help. You guys have been very helpful and have answered all my questions..

..so far..

But i have another one
tongue.gif

Basically, my friend has burnt Super Paper Mario (pal), it works and all, but when i put the DVD into my computer, its reads the disdc as 0 bytes / 0 bytes, and no files inside...
i thought that maybe i can just clone DVDs, maybe there is a 'special' DVD reader to view the files? or is it not possible to clone DVDs?

Thanks again and in advance.

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think wii dvds aren't readable on a pc.

but if you use imgburn to create an image of the burnt copy, and then burn that image to a new blank dvd then it should be fine. you don't need a special drive to do this.

However to rip original wii games a special LG drive is required, along with a specific piece of software, which should be on the wiki.

garyla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think wii dvds aren't readable on a pc.Â

but if you use imgburn to create an image of the burnt copy, and then burn that image to a new blank dvd then it should be fine. you don't need a special drive to do this.

However to rip original wii games a special LG drive is required, along with a specific piece of software, which should be on the wiki.

Thanks, so does this mean I can only copy my friend's SPM DVD by reading it with the special LG drive, then burning it through the normal way onto a new DVD?

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yup and its the best to use cause you can burn at 2.4 speed and believe me slower is better
smile.gif
and dont use crappy cheap DVD's I recommend Verbatim DVD-R.
That depends on your drive. My sister can't burn slower than 3x on her 6x laptop drive. I can't burn slower than 4x on my 20x drive. BOTH results were with Verbatim set to 1x burn speed. The drive firmware recognizes the media and probably realizes that 2x or slower would have worse results... indeed, some drive/media combinations burn best at 8x.

The update on SMG isn't a firmware upgrade afaik. However you have to run the update to play the game, it should be fine as everyone else has had to install it.

Before playin SMG my firmware was 2.2U. After acceptin the update of SMG, My Wii's firmware is 3.0U.
Doesn't matter. All that means is that it had both updates. If your firmware was already 3.0U, it *STILL* would have prompted you to update the first time. In the past, I thought it was adding WFC data, but it could be adding message board features instead.

The update from SMG doesn't allow to run copy's anymore with the same protection thats why Wiikey 1.9g came out. From now on all new Ninentdo Wii games will have that protection, so yes you NEED to run the update and apply Wiikey 1.9g update this solves the new protection.
The anti-mod code is on the disc, not in the update.

I think wii dvds aren't readable on a pc.Â

but if you use imgburn to create an image of the burnt copy, and then burn that image to a new blank dvd then it should be fine. you don't need a special drive to do this.

Thanks, so does this mean I can only copy my friend's SPM DVD by reading it with the special LG drive, then burning it through the normal way onto a new DVD?
You said your friend burned it, so no: Just make an image and burn that. Windows doesn't understand the filesystem, so it can make sense of it when it reports 0/0. Just make a raw image with whatever application and burn it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e