Gaming Need Tactical Rpg Game recommendations

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Both Luminous Arc have awesome songs, and a pretty interesting story. Disgaea DS is also cool, it's a remake from the original to the DS wich came out pretty nicely...
Other than those there's FF Tatics A2 wich is pretty cool too... Hum...

Well... There's the new Bleach game too... And Super Robot Taisen... But those are in japanese... (I think I saw translations for them in the forums...)
SRT is one of my fave from the genre since snes... xP

Nocturnius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I played The Luminous Arc's Games and Disgaea Games all ready and those are one of my faves
biggrin.gif
Also played FFTA. I've been looking into the recommendations i have gotten so far and been trying them out. So far so good :] thanks to everyone who recommended me a game! :] Gbatemp members have good tastes in games haha

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Louisiana said:
The story in Fire Emblem is kind of plain (evil empire, assasins, bad dudes plotting bad things)

That's the reason I don't like FE. They try to make you care about the characters, with death having an actual impact, but it just annoys me because the story is so bad. The same could be said for pretty much every videogame I've played. Being an avid reader (read: I always have a book in my hand), the plots in games disappoint me when I try to get involved with them. This is why I find myself playing more mindless games, especially on the DS.

The only game with a plot on a handheld that interested me was The World Ends With You. Now, when I play a DS game, I want to listen to a podcast and not have to concentrate on who's killing who and so on.

Anyway, the point of that rather irrelevant rant was that... I don't like the FE plots, and the way that when characters die once you can't get them back. It's not very conducive to Strategy gameplay either; what happens if your Archer dies, and you're attacked by a bunch of Pegasi? You're screwed. Every strategy game I've played which has Hero units has some way to revive them. As far as I've played, FE does not.

CRXsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'm in the minority because I can't get enough Front Mission. Talk about your customization! The story is pretty decent, but the battles and mech customization is what is all about for me.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CRXsi said:
I guess I'm in the minority because I can't get enough Front Mission. Talk about your customization! The story is pretty decent, but the battles and mech customization is what is all about for me.
Ya i think we both are. i love the story.

copy_zero

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
pokewiz99 said:
Anything in the Tales series... although there are none on the DS...

then I guess that Innocence, Tempest and Hearts don't count as Tales of games.... Ok, Tempest is not that good, but the other two are. Unless you meant Tales for the DS in English.

and you should try Mugen no Frontier. It isn't tactical, but it's fun, with a nice battle system (like Namco X Capcom) and it keeps up the leveling of your characters with an increasing difficulty level (as far as bosses are concerned, anyway). And there is an English translation patch, so it will be easier to play.

CRXsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This topic seems to be generating a variety of games with very different gameplay. So what is the difference between Tactical RPG and Strategy RPG? I see them as the same, but based on responses, I'm wrong.

copy_zero

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think that it depends on how the turns are. If the turn is based on the characters on the field, it's tactical. If you move all of the characters on your turn, and the same for the opponent, it's strategy. Of course, this is for those that follow a similar fashion. For those that do not follow these, there may be another way of telling them apart. And this is only my opinion, so correct me if I'm wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: holy shit hololive night at the stadium korone would love this