Hardware Need Help

RiotShooter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am considering buying a wiikey but i am a little confused right now. What type of media is the best for buring the wii ISOs on?? I've heard that dvd-r is better than dvd+r. is that true?? Is there a certain dvd burner that does better than others?? the one i currently have is some phillips brand one?? and for the burning program, i have clonedvd2 is that a good one or not?? i've read that there is a free one that alot of people recomend is that a good one?? thx for any help u guys provide.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well although your post was a little annoying with all the ??s, I'll try to help you out.

The DVD + and - thing is sort of your own preference. I burn most of my Wii backups on Sony DVD-Rs, and they work very well, I never get DREs. However, I have a few +r backups and they work just fine.

DVD burners shouldn't really affect much with burning, and Phillips drives are pretty well known for successful backup burns.

IMGburn is a free burning program that, in my, and other people's opinion works very well and does the job without having to bog down your system with bloatware.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend using good media like verbatim 16x dvd-r or Taiyo Yuuden premium 8x dvd-r. There are no real evidence that dvd-r is better than dvd+r, they both work with the wiikey. The phillips burner that you have will be just fine. Clonedvd2 or clonecd will work for burning backups. The free program that people talk about is ImgBurn, it's a great program for burning isos(highly recommended).

RiotShooter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been looking at the media u listed and the lowest i price per disc i have found is 00.27 for the taiyo premium. is that a descent price?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries