Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My games are currently like so :

Hdd1\GAMES\Infinite Undiscovery Disc 1\
Hdd1\GAMES\Infinite Undiscovery Disc 2\

So this doesn't work but I have to place the both game files into Infinite Undiscovery folder? For that, I would have to rename them, is that okay? Take the Infinite Undiscovery for example, both disc 1 and 2 folders have default.xex obviously. Additionally, both have ud1.bin and ud2.bin .. how would I go about on renaming them? Or can I even rename them, will they still function correctly?

I havent gotten to very far yet so disc change is ways ahead so there's no way to tell if it works or not until I get there. I have 2.2 Rev725 though so if what you said is true, it should work ..

In any case, I'd rather solve the library problem I have on going at the moment .. For example, I just added a XBLA game to the Content folder and that appears in the game list just fine, as well as all games I extract with ISO2God. But all undub games I play are in .xex format and I can't make them show up, except Tales of Vesperia and I have no idea how I even managed that.

Don't merge the folders. Instead of

Hdd1\GAMES\Infinite Undiscovery Disc 1\
Hdd1\GAMES\Infinite Undiscovery Disc 2\

They should be

Hdd1\GAMES\Infinite Undiscovery\Disc 1\
Hdd1\GAMES\Infinite Undiscovery\Disc 2\

Two separate folders within the infinite undiscovery folder, one with the disc 1 files in and one with disc 2 files in, then fsd should take care of it.

As for the .xex not showing up, you sure you have the paths set right, I think there are separate paths for each type of content (extracted xex, GOD etc) if you're sure you have it set right, and it still isn't showing them, then you might have to start over. Even the readme suggests it for when things go wrong

"a) Add game path's in setting menu, and please read the next note carefully before complaining.

*** NOTE ***

On the first scan, please allow it to completely scan/download content, do not interrupt it,
Reboot xbox, or try to play around FSD too much.

If an error occurs it is best to start from scratch again until the first scan / download is 100%.
All scans after the first will be fast/and stable.

"

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Start over what?

The game paths are Hdd1:\GAMES\ in settings. Incidentally, I didn't first make a folder for Tales of Vesperia, and just put it's files to GAMES .. And it showed up in library. If I created Tales of Vesperia folder though, and put the files there, the game wouldn't launch from library anymore. However, since most of the files have same file names, I can't just dump all games into GAMES without specific folder for each game, and it wouldn't work for multidisc games anyway.

HOWEVER, I've tried setting my Scan Depth to 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and even Infinite, yet the only game to appear on Library is STILL Tales of Vesperia, while all other games in their respective folders remain hidden.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Delete freesytles config file (or back up and then delete), so it can start over (set game paths, rescan everything etc). If it sees files that are in the games folder, but nothing in the sub folders no matter the scan depth, then something has gone wrong and deleting the config and starting fresh should sort it.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'd gladly try that - if I knew where the config file is. Any help with that? I tried looking through the folders with FileZilla but could not find anything.. maybe I am just blind.

Also this is getting really weird :/. I went to Settings and set the path as Hdd1, then put scan depth to 3 and started manual scan - It found the Freestyle Dash and XM360 program and added those to my homebrew library just fine. However, as soon as I put the path back to Hdd1/GAMES, it finds nothing but Vesperia :x

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have no idea how to do that .. Like I said, I'm completely new at this. In fact, if I uninstalled FSD; then how would I install it again without the custom dashboard?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd gladly try that - if I knew where the config file is. Any help with that? I tried looking through the folders with FileZilla but could not find anything.. maybe I am just blind.

I have no idea where it is :(. It should be called fsd2config.xml, however it's possible they are using another method to store settings now, as I did try fsd2.2 earlier from a usb stick (to test some settings) and I could not find the config file either. So may be best to reinstall like Dinohscene said.

Something is definitely not right though. Testing fsd2.2 earlier today I have my games stored same as you in hdd1\games\ with the games all in their own folders. With depth scan set to two and automatic content type and path set to hdd1\games\ everything was found fine by fsd, so something has gone really wrong with yours.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you link me to a noob safe tutorial then I'll reinstall FSD :/. I dont even know what XeXMenu is so I really have no idea how to uninstall and install FSD.

I even tried to move the Tales of Vesperia files from GAMES to a folder on it's own, and did what you wrote above, but it still did not find them. Only Tales of Vesperia is shown in the game list (Which doesn't work if I don't put the files back to the GAMES folder), now along with XM360 and Freestyle Dash because I was trying to get it work with Infinite Scan Depth and HDD1 path. I cant even get rid of the Freestyle Dash and XM360 now from the Homebrew folder because if I push '' Delete '', it says '' All content in HDD1\ will be deleted, proceed? '' .. Wtf? I want to delete the thing from my library, not wipe HDD1 clean o.O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hi