Hacking Need help updating my hacked N3DS from about 6 months ago

Lectoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I thought I lost my N3DS, but found it this week. I hacked it like 6 months ago or so.

I've been reading up and trying to make sense of the 3ds.guide site, but not sure where to start.

If I go in to system settings, my version is 10.7.0-32U. I am prompted for an update, but know better to check first. I can't remember how to boot to the sysNAND to see what version that is. I do know I had the right firmware back then to start the process without downgrading.

I have Luma3DS installed, but when I open it, I get "Luma3DS Updater <unknown>". Current installed version is three lines of ASCII code in red, along with the backup version.

When I select "install version 6.6", it seems to, then reboots, and I get the above when I go in to Luma3DS.

I feel like I shouldn't start from the beginning with the 3ds.guide site, but that's why I'm asking the pros here. I never got around to installing anything so if I have to factory wipe it, that is fine. Whatever is easiest.

Thanks!

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you +ve you still have an emunand?
It seems you have a9lh installed at least, you could 'update a9lh' if you want - i.e. tab at top of guide page - but ypu should be fine to just update luma [what version shows if you hpld select and boot?] and system update

Lectoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Held select and booted to Luma3DS 6.6.

I'm not sure anymore in regards to emunand or sysnand. I thought I recall you could boot either one holding a button.

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Held select and booted to Luma3DS 6.6.

I'm not sure anymore in regards to emunand or sysnand. I thought I recall you could boot either one holding a button.
Luma these days runs on Sysnand not emunand. So if you're running emunand but dont care to keep it (since you have nothing on there anyways). Id just start the guide as normal

Lectoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma these days runs on Sysnand not emunand. So if you're running emunand but dont care to keep it (since you have nothing on there anyways). Id just start the guide as normal

Which part of the guide do I follow? Since I'm already running CFW, would it be like inception if I hacked that firmware? LOL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-