ROM Hack Need help understanding the decryption

Katkat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, I decided to get into the translation of a 3DS game , I followed this tutorial :

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...d-3ds-roms-run-xy-oras-without-update.383055/

I am now left with a " romfs " folder with multiple files (View attachments). Not finding concrete answers on the French forums I address you on how to change the files and edit them particularly dialogues (the game in question is tales of the abyss)
. Thank you in advance for your help

Attachments

• dossier.jpg
    dossier.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 293
  • dossier2.jpg
    dossier2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 247

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know about the text files of the roms yet, but I've learned some things from this (imposible for me) process...

there are lots of different formats that are used for the different files of the rom, and these formats change can change a lot from rom to rom, depending of the company they were programed and the tools used, so you will find that while some people can easily open files from a rom like Mario Kart 7, some others have a hard time opening the files of the rom..

You have there (in the romFS folder) all the files decrypted and decompressed, so you just need the correct tool to recognize the format and open them, but that can be a difficult part.

I suggest you find other translating groups from the 3ds scene and ask them how they open their files, with any luck, their tools can open your files too

Katkat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I finally found using the QuickBMS tool and the adaptation of a script

Luigi Auriemma , file decryption went well , but I must admit that it's a real mess , I do not lose hope.

Attachments

• toa.jpg
    toa.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 324

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending on the game, you can use different editors, I think for things like pokemon you use pk3ds and I think if you look up the text editing tool for pk3ds you can use just that program to edit almost any game for text.

Katkat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good news , I managed to locate the dialogues of the game with HEX Workshop, however, no trace of graphics at the moment so I stuck again and again , I have several files .CB7 size and impossible to visualize .

Attachments

• hex.png
    hex.png
    161.5 KB · Views: 295

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1