Need help recovering partition based emummc - Partial save available

AdrenalinnRush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few weeks ago, I let my friend borrow my switch. She accidently updated my partition based emuNAND. No problem, dragged the contents of the Fat32 partition to my desktop (in case I screwed anything up) and I updated the hekate folder and atmosphere folder and got it working again. Everything was normal after that. I tested a game for 20 minutes, put it to sleep and put it down. I came back a couple hours later and the switch screen was on, the battery was almost dead, and if I remember correctly - it had an atmosphere error message. I powered it down and didn't think much of it.

Fast forward to a week ago when I decided to order a bigger sd card on amazon. I powered up the switch and got the classic hekate files error screen. I popped the card into my computer sd card reader and got a windows format suggestion message (which was normal since it's a partition based emu). Upon further inspection, the FAT32 partition section was not showing up and disk utility was showing only one 16gb raw file. The odd thing is disk utility was also showing the max capacity as 16gb, even though the card is 128gb. I tried to recover it using multiple sd recovery programs but couldn't even reformat it or have it show as a 128gb card.

I'm wondering what to do now. Think I have...

Very old recovery dump of Boot0/boot1
New/Current contents of the FAT32 card (This includes a 60gb Nintendo folder in the RAW1 folder).

Things I've tried:

-Creating a new partition based emuNAND and replacing the backed up RAW1 over the fresh RAW1.
When booting into the emuNAND, the replaced file contents were overwritten and the RAW1 folder goes from 60gb, to a few hundred MB. Essentially it doesn't stick.

-Creating a file based emuNAND and replacing the Nintendo folder from the backed up RAW1 to the File based SD00 Nintendo folder.
This doesn't delete the contents but when booting into the file based emuNAND, none of my profiles are there and none of the installed games appear. I also can't boot into some 3rd party apps.

Am I screwed? Is it possible to hack together just the saves using NXNandManger or something? The saves are the most importing thing I want to recover.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow