Homebrew Need advise on installing Just Dance DLC Wads

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried reading some of the other threads but a few are outdated and some I just couldn't make sense of. What I am wondering is if it is possible to install the Just Dance DLC Wads onto my Wii and get them to work correctly. Currently I am using USB Loader GX for launching games and its been a long time since I installed Wads and stuff so I have forgotten quite a bit. Any advise would be appreciated, thanks.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried reading some of the other threads but a few are outdated and some I just couldn't make sense of. What I am wondering is if it is possible to install the Just Dance DLC Wads onto my Wii and get them to work correctly. Currently I am using USB Loader GX for launching games and its been a long time since I installed Wads and stuff so I have forgotten quite a bit. Any advise would be appreciated, thanks.
Download the DLC wads, and use any Wad Manager to install them. It doesn't matter which loader you use, it will read correctly the DLC files as they're installed on the Wii's Memory.

Sidenote: I'm not sure if I should link you to a Wad Manager download as I believe goes against rules. But a quick Google search will help you find what you need.

Reactions: Gorkensnorkel

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont forget to dump the keys from your console to make the dlc work with a bogus wad if you plan to load the dlc from sd card. Some Just Dance DLC WADs online are chuncked together making it a big size file, impossible to install on the ridiculous 512 mb Wii memory.

Here is the tutorial to install DLC content on SD Card:
https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/wad2bin

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

jay_nunya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have just started to try this on my wiiu but on the vwii side. (Adding dlc to sd card that is for just dance games).

I followed a guide I found on gbatemp Thread 'Installing Rock Band, Just Dance, and Guitar Hero DLC on Wii' and was wanting me to dump keys and certs etc. so I ran that program and have the info on my sd card (root). I then ran wad2bin which seems to do exactly what it says it should. The files in private I left alone and the bogus wads I put in wad folder

I had used two different wad managers and both come back with an error message. ( in the guide it says to uninstall and install which I did and run again it also states to not be concerned on error messages.) the error message I see is in the attached photo.

So I guess what I am trying to figure out is why I can’t get any of the dlc to work on wiiflow. Is there a different way. I would just install the wad but that would take up a lot of system memory and I have read the emunands can have issues playing them too. Any information or help/guidance would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
Last edited by jay_nunya,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1