^^ndstitle-0856^^

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
For those curious, GBATA can rip about 5MB off of this rom, that should be helpful for those with 1Gb carts who need space for saves or whatever.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Serioulsy, doesn't anyone else remember when the game came out and the creators stated that the game was an homage to bad B horror films? Am I the only one? The voice acting, and acting in general, is supposed to be bad. Watch when they introduce Wesker in the intro and tell me the actor isn't hamming it up intentionally! The series just got really popular with the main stream and turned into the franchise it is today, which I'm not complaining about RE4 was fantastic.Â

I just don't get how some of you are saying you have never played a Resident Evil before? Do you live under rocks? It made a whole new genre of games!

*sigh* I guess I am just a cranky old gamer... I'll just go back to playing my Robotron X

edit: Grammurs

Actually, I never had a Playstation, so I never got around to trying this game out before
smile.gif
But I heard plenty about it. Never realized it was SUPPOSE to be a parody
smile.gif
lol

NeoShweaty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the whole original resident evil feel gives me chills. I love the cheesy voice acting and that intro. Call me old school but Resident Evil kicks ass to this day

CynicalShitMan

Trophies
XP
Country
My god, this plays just like the PS1 version!

EXCELLENT!

By the way, if anyone wants to get the game to fit on a 128MB, dummy the pj.p256 file in data/movie. Instead of the opening movie playing, it will play the dog door movie with the audio from the beginning of the intro, but WILL NOT CRASH even if you forget to skip it. It will just cut right to the intro of the characters.

bennyx8903

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
waiting for this game for a while, =. = now i just hav to wait longer for my supercard to get here.

unsure.gif
deadly silence sounds better than deadly science

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I hope the white screens problems when dying while playing on m3 and supercard will be fixed in the next patcher or firmware updates.
The game is as good as it can for the ds console.
I didn't expect it any better.
I am going to try the multiplayer future as it seems interesting.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I finally bit the bullet and flashed this to my EZ-Flash II (took a half hour) but I like it, I remeber the real original turned me off cause there was like 6 zombies in the whole game. (Original PS1 games had the same problem such as Tomb Raider) Anyway I need to wait for English text but I can't wait for the USA version....I may go play the NGC version to hold me over. Oh and the EZ-flash gets white screens too.

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never really been a fan of the Resident Evil games, although the remake on GCN was beautiful. Until Resident Evil 4. That really was a good game (but still, the controls are just akward... when will we get REAL analog control?)

Still, I'm excited to give this one a try. But I'll wait for the North American version. Hopefully is stacks up well with all the other amazing DS games that have been coming out lately!

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't say this will be a great must have game for the DS I mean if we really wanted strait up ports with no graphical improvements or gameplay improvements we'd all be playing our PSPs....BURN
mad.gif
Seriously thouogh I am a fan of the series and RE is what made my buy the cube before the PS2, it was like ooooh look at Metal Gear Solid 2! He can shoot up a kitchen, then I saw RE and was like OMFG look at the flowing hair on the zombies. I think the controls are pretty solid, I did like how RE: Remake had a 180 button for quick turns but the controls have always been pretty easy to grasp.

*Edit
Oh and to finish my thought, yea it's a port, nothing really new, the original wasn't that great anyway, RE2 is when the game came to shine so that pretty much should sum up this game. The new mode looks kinda lame, pointless reasons to use the stylus? Not sure, only way I'll know for sure is to play the game all the way through on both modes.

opcode32

powerh8er par excellence
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In an interview, it was said that if customer interest in this game was high enough, they would consider making a NEW RE game for DS rather than another port.

QUOTE said:
Now that you have done all that, do you want to make an original game from the ground up, not a port ?

I think that this is going to depend on the consumer interest level, obviously if we try to sell this game and nobody wants buy it, then it wouldn’t make any sense to make a lot of time and money another Resident Evil game for Nintendo DS. But hopefully, if the interest is there, yes I could make a new episode.

The interview was actually written in French, but a good deal of it is translated here. http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=80996

i dunno if too many people are really wanting to buy a game that has been ported 3947394374 times already and almost everyone has played already. sorry, but after seeing this game on psx/dc/pc/gc i am not really interested in this...

also, to all the people saying RE4 did not have analogue controls, maybe your controllers are broken? because i played through the game again like 3 weeks ago and i am quite positive that the controls were all 100% analogue (walking + shootíing)

Dogg Thang

Roobarb Rocks
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The first game had like 5 tigers, 2 crows through out the whole game. I dunno I just found some of the original PS1 games super slow.

Well, I'm not going to argue with you because it's simply varying tastes but I loved the emptiness of the original Tomb Raider. It was all about the exploring and the jumping puzzles, not combat. But that's just me.

Resident Evil is a different beast, but I think the first one had plenty of enemies. There was barely a safe room in the house and, when the Hunters were unleashed, it became even more dangerous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1