Hacking NDS touch screen

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ok a few of you might have already read my PROBLEMbut i need to repost as i have a different problem, ive got one question........

Can i replace the bottom lcd screen with the top one as the bottom one is a bit scratched i would like to put that one at the top of the system and apply a fresh new touch screen to the clean lcd screen?

does anyone know how to do this because the top lcd has this stick foam border round it TOP LCD

and the lower lcd dosent LOWER LCD

If you look atthe top lcd it has like a sticky foam border where as the lower dosent so can i apply the touch screen directly over the top lcd or would i have to remove the border thing ?

please help

all i want to do is install this thing so i can get up and running with my supercard thankyou

Mohammad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they're different screens, putting them somewhere else will ruin them. The connections are diffrent as one is a TOUCH SCREEN.

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Im not quite sure if you know but its an original DS in question not the ds lite ,

Both bottom and top lcd screens are identical apart form the factors i have pointed out ( sticky border thing round the top lcd )

Thanks for your help so far

Posts merged

gratefulbuddy said:
You have a phat DS?

yha

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think top and bottom cannot be swiched for following reasons:
top screen has wider cable, and i think cable cannot be swiched really, also it is longer for means that it is in top part, and also the top screen has mounts for the speakers, what are soldered in top screen mounts of the speakers (and the reason that top screen cable IS wider is for speakers)

The swiching of top screen would mean disassembling screens and taking actual lcd part and swich, where i think you could just make things worse.

the top and bottom screens are identical for display, but all other tech is different

EDIT: this post is true for DS lite - sumimasen for lucky phat ds owner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I think they should make a movie where Ed from FMA meets Ed from brotherhood +1