Hacking NDS Lite case + screen protector recommendations!

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's some pictures of my case as I haven't seen it in this thread yet. It's called a Bracket Carrying Case by Capdase - I'm really happy with it. The DS Lite clips to a special clear plastic bracket in the case, so the case is always attached. When you play, the case just flips down and hangs - never loose your case
wink.gif
I bought it on eBay. Here's a link to one for sale and from the seller I got mine: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...170006532668&ru

206y8tf.jpg

I don't really use the carabiner clip, but I put it on for the pic.

206y93s.jpg

206yalj.jpg

206yaux.jpg

On the DS Lite's screens I have Brando protectors. I can't recomend these enough!!! I've tried several other brands and these are the best. They're a little expensive, but so durrable, good & clear - fast shipping too. http://shop.brando.com.hk/ultraclearscreenprotector.php

206yed0.jpg

Corizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you use the top of the Touch screen much? My invisibleShield screen protector is off by about 1 or 2 mm, not noticible at all when the screen is on.

So, do you use the very top of the screen in many DS games or am I ok?

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Regarding Invisible Shield:

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for contacting ShieldZone! My name is Karen, and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

From our experience, there have been no problems of having the invisibleSHIELD on the Nintendo DS Lite, especially the screens. The invisibleSHIELD is just .008 of an inch thick. I hope that this information was helpful, and please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns. Thank you for your business!

Thank you for choosing the invisibleSHIELD. We appreciate your business!

All the best,

Karen F.
ShieldZone Corp.

Original Message:
> To Whom It May Concern:
>
>
>
> Do you know if the shield, due to its thickness and material, will
> cause a loss of precision on the touch screen on the DS Lite? I am
> planning on getting one but need to be sure that it won't affect gameplay.
>
>
>
> Thanks,

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Brando screen protector is exactly the size of both screen. I mean EXACTLY, not even 1/2 mm to spare on any sides.

I have an invisibleshield on my ipod video 60gig and it's a pretty amazing protector. I'm not sure though I would like the orange peel look of it on the DSL though or the water/spray application cause of all the DSLs openings.

Bestskins ever sells the same product as shieldguard, but for a lot less:

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-2...te-Total/Detail

Corizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
About the shield, it was a bit difficult to get it installed exactly but it wasn't too hard. One thing I would recommend is paying the extra money to get a 2nd bottle of solution, as we used all of ours installing it, so it is better to be safe and get a 2nd bottle of solution

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
About the shield, it was a bit difficult to get it installed exactly but it wasn't too hard. One thing I would recommend is paying the extra money to get a 2nd bottle of solution, as we used all of ours installing it, so it is better to be safe and get a 2nd bottle of solution

How is the quality? How is the traction/smoothness? Any difference in playing games, like True Swing Golf? Any difference in the feel of it?

Corizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet, as your supposed to let it sit about 24 hours before playing it. I'll reply back tomorrow if I find any difference in the touch screen.

As far as quality, it's top notch. When first installed to tell you the truth, it looked horrible. After letting it sit for about 8 hours, it looks very close to flawless. It's not as smooth as the outside of the DS Lite, but it is still fairly smooth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!