j0e4711

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys, I need your help.
I'm desperately trying to get my NAS on tinfoil but I only get empty folders every time.

What am I doing wrong?

protocol: smb
host: IP from my NAS
port: empty
Path: empty (already tried everything possible)
username: access to the NAS
password: access to NAS
Title: NAS

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh. Sorry I Can't help yet, but I just started setting up a synology NAS myself. Getting Plex started was not all that straight-forward. Wierd to see this issue pop up, right when I get one. Think it's older though... DS420+. Put 4 toshiba 10TB NAS hard drives in it, and it was saying something like 13 hours to optimize (setup as a raid 5)... then I started copying files to it, and went to over a day to optimize.

My first question would be, can you access it from your PC? I can at least do that so far (other than getting Plex to not say "no soup for you" lol...

EDIT: wait. don't use the IP for SMB. The smb address for a Shared folder with Switch stuff in it, named Switch, would be \\NAS\Switch.

Read here: https://kb.synology.com/en-ro/DSM/tutorial/Why_cant_access_shared_folder

Last edited by urherenow,

j0e4711

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
IMG_2652.jpg

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 98

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5000 isn't smb though, it's via http file access through its own apps. Anyway, I just tried getting it to work on my end for a while and can't figure it out myself. Sorry. Tinfoil simply isn't as good as the author would like to believe. Often using nut (after adding/removing files), I'll have to delete the contents of the titledb directory, then restart everything. Also, it shouldn't be asking for a port for SMB, as it's a standard range. It also shows your user's password in plain text at the top of the screen and seems to be trying to access the share like for example:
host: NAS
User: switch
Pasword: roms
Shared folder: install

SMB://switch:roms@NAS/install

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work if you have an "@" as part of your password, if this method even works at all nowadays...
And nothing about it seems to show up in the console...

Reactions: j0e4711

j0e4711

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also wondered about the password. Probably it is simply not supposed to be. Thank you for your efforts.
Do you have any idea how I can at least get tinfoil to start again? Delete and reinstall does not help.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had to enable smb v1 authentication to get my ps2 hooked up to my nas, might be the same for switch?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also wondered about the password. Probably it is simply not supposed to be. Thank you for your efforts.
Do you have any idea how I can at least get tinfoil to start again? Delete and reinstall does not help.
I’m about to sleep So it’ll be a long while before I could answer. If a regular delete and reinstall isn’t fixing it, the easiest first step would be to check for a save file (like with jksv or whatever), along with any possible files it may have added to the /switch folder.
I had to enable smb v1 authentication to get my ps2 hooked up to my nas, might be the same for switch?
I would assume so. Now I don’t recall if I verified that setting on the NAS when I tried it myself.

j0e4711

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have been able to solve my problems.
I was able to launch the software after disconnecting my network and deleted my NAS folder in tinfoil.
I also managed to do the same with my NAS. It then worked with ftp.
The synology tutorial has helped me well.

BIG Thanks to urherenow. Very nice of you that you have helped me so well!

evilone

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hello,

would be nice if you could describe a little how you got it working? Tested already weeks ago with my QNAP NAS to do an SMB share, but without sucess :(

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working via SMB now.

Created a normal user with read/write access to the shared folder "Switch". Used a weak password (no @ symbol... actually didn't use symbols at all... numbers and different cases required). Enabled smb1 for minimum (which can be dangerous). Control Panel -> File Services -> SMB -> Advanced settings -> Minimum SMB Protocol -> SMB1.

Protocol: smb
Host: IP address
Path: Switch

port left blank.

The few games I put in there, show up on the list now. Thanks to @smf for reminding me that I didn't save settings when changing minimum smb to v1 the first time.

Last edited by urherenow,

evilone

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hello,

sorry for bothering you again.

I got it working from my QNAP Nas, which is already a good thing. But when i mount my NSP or XCi folder then always the Transfer failed, when i put single files in folders than its working.
Tinfoild read the files propper, but when i try to install .. i always get the "STATUS" Failed.

Log says: Network error 7; code = 0

Any idea?

Last edited by evilone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A