Gaming Nanashi no Game Story

sphere9

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've played through and finished Nanashi no Game, but I have no idea what it was about/what actually happened.

Could someone fill me in on this?

sphere9

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok so I found this;

QUOTE said:
The girl was angry at her father for leaving her and her mother alone at home, always working and never being with them. The father's coworker (bloody man) also worked all day, but he had no family waiting for him. He was jealous of the father, so he wanted to take away his family. He killed the mom and daughter out of jealousy.

The ghost of the little girl went into a rage, and blamed the videogame for taking her dad away, her mom away, and her own life away. She killed everyone related to the game, including the other programmers (which you saw in the statues) and anybody who played it... (the girl and guy from the college, who also became statues)...

She also turns you into a statue, if she catches you!

She blames the game, so she kills anyone who is remotely connected to it. In the end, her mother appears to tell her that she doesn't want her to hate her father... And basically the dad comes to you and says that he made the game for her... You see that the name of the game is Load to Sunrise... "Sunrise" is the English translation of "Asashi" (the girl's name).

The main character asks how the game is supposed to end, and then you see the credits which show scenes from the family's life... Marriage, having a baby, etc.

In the "perfect" ending, you get an e-mail on the TS (twin screen, which is like the Dual Screen). Asashi sends you a message "Thank you."

This is one of only two differences between the normal and perfect endings. The normal ending has 8 bit music playing during the credits. The perfect ending has a big symphonic version. To get the perfect ending, you have to find all of the "hidden items" in the 8 bit game which can be found by examining certain objects.

That makes alot of sense, but I still don't understand how the character figures all this out, how all the locations tie into it and why the game seemed to mirror what was going on in the real world.

sphere9

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was sick at the time, so I was in bed all day with nothing to do, so I had a lot of time on my hands, I didn't use a walkthrough either.

I can't get through the new one... my DS hangs whenever I put the password in.

eine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ragingchaosgod said:
>< Frustrates me that there seems to be no chance of this getting an English release!

Its such an awesome game and yet squenix doesn't bother. >___<

I heard the sequel's also good. I think I'll play it next when I get tired of Senjou no kizuna on the PSP.
happy.gif

eine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
30084pm said:
im curious as to wonder why it hasnt been translated either...
i heard it had some weird coding to it tho...

for a game that's sometimes played on the DS in horizontal mode, and sometimes vertical(book mode), that should easily explain why. Also, some of the scenes displays image-like kanji vertically. something w/c i believe couldn't be hexed easily. Plus the game shifts from 3D and 2D.
wacko.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of surprised no one's working on a translation for either game. Of all the DS games that seem worthy...
unsure.gif

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like one of those games SE would take a chance on localizing, since mature games don't seem to do well on DS. Tack on the very Japanese look and style of the game, and it will likely never be published in the States.

markvn

Trophies
Website
homebrewds.websitemaker.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
irpacynot said:
Kind of surprised no one's working on a translation for either game. Of all the DS games that seem worthy...
unsure.gif

Well, I'm working on a translation, for myself, but if there are more people who really want it, I would share it on GBAtemp.
If you want a translation, send me a PM, so then I know how many people want it.

(First video and some text already translated)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper