Hardware Oldies N64 not turning on

Oldyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Dudumendes

OK, the next thing you can try & should have mentioned is retro stores - or flea markets - bazars
ask if they can let you test your n64 using their power supply.

--https@@://www.youtube.com/watch?v=436llXLY10g@@--
(remove the @ symbols , the video works , but it cant be shared on forums)

get a multimeter, as i think its important for every classic console owner to have one - continuity checks are very important & basic - most of the time the failure is dirty contacts & broken or fractured copper inside wires.

i dont know about Portugal's electric grid issues, but i recommend you get power regulator or no-break, those will protect your equipment from high voltage & low voltage spikes -

last , dust, pollution - cigarrete smoke, marihuana smoke , kitchen smoke, humidity in brick or concrete homes - all those things mess up contacts -
i never keep consoles out in the open & only take them out when i use them

good luck
Post automatically merged:

Reactions: DuduMil

N64head

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but luckily the N64 works at DC12v-800mA (1 rail) and DC3.3v-2.7A (2 rails) so it´s rather hard for anything after the power supply to fry and there is plenty of components in the original PSU ready to protect the system for damage so it´s really unlikely.

As I said above, testing another power supply known good, checking the Jumper/Expansion pak is well seated or reseating it, and checking good contact with the cartridge are the three holy grail steps for the N64.
Hey ik this thread old asf but im having a little trouble w my n64s i have personal one(1)(JAP), one that im fixing(2)(US) and a extra motherboard no body just motherboard(3)(US). I cleaned (2) the one im fixing up inside out alcohol the whole nine yards, and tried it out to see if it was just a cleaning problem, and i trued it out with my personal n64 power supply (1) that is Japanese and at fist it turned on no problem, and then we turned it off and i said “well lets test it one more time ti see it the controller plugs are reading” bc the first time we didn’t have the controller plugged in. So we plugged it in and tired it and it didn’t not turn on, no light, no picture no nothing. And i was so confused cus it just worked, then i went ahead and proceeded to try my (3) extra motherboard that ik is working and that i also had tested prior with the same power cord and worked, and it also didn’t turn on. So now im confused and im kinda lost here. Think you could help please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oh now that is good news