Homebrew RELEASE N64 dynarec is out as beta release

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason what you guys said wasn't working for me was becuse I went into retroarch config the other day and changed some of them when trying to figure this out I changed Load override files automatically to off. Anyway thanks.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Kernel patches have been implemented and will make it into the next hekate release.
This will drastically reduce the stutter.
Horizon fw 4.X will not need kernel patches, 5.0-6.2 have patches.
If you are lower than 4.0 you are out of luck for this improvement, also if you use 5.0 or higher and don't use hekate with the patches you are out of luck either.

Last edited by m4xw,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Kernel patches have been implemented and will make it into the next hekate release.
If you are lower than 4.0 you are out of luck for this improvement, also if you use 5.0 or higher and don't use hekate with the patches you are out of luck either.

Excuse the dumb question: I'm using ReiNX. How do I use hekate with patches? I'm not sure what that means.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice. Any idea when it's coming? weeks? or days?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*drools while rushing over to CTCaer/hekate
*cries when last update is still from a month ago :( (I don't wait for releases. I build from source)

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
*drools while rushing over to CTCaer/hekate
*cries when last update is still from a month ago :( (I don't wait for releases. I build from source)
No spoilers
What does that mean? Should I use Atmosphere instead of ReiNX? Or what?
You will have no choice other than using hekate because no other bootloader or CFW supports it (once its released ofc)

Last edited by m4xw,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
So basically this is just the same Mupen 64 next now with hekate payload? Or is there any improvements over using Atmosphere?

Horizon fw 4.X will not need kernal patches, 5.0-6.2 have patches.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Again, sorry for being dumb. But to use the new kernel patches, I'd essentially have to shut down the Switch, use Tegra to inject hekate payload, and then run mupen64 from there?

Last edited by regnad,

DrNeroCF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, sorry for being dumb. But to use the new kernel patches, I'd essentially have to shut down the Switch, use Tegra to inject hekate payload, and then run mupen64 from there?

Kernel patches just go in a folder while booting hekate, like you always would. You're just running CFW, slightly more patched than before, shouldn't change anything.

Reactions: regnad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: