N3DS XL (LL) won't boot into Safe Mode - black screen

Geometric

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guys, I have a problem. I have a new 3DS LL from Japan. I did cfw, and changed the region to EU. Everything is ok, but I can't enter safe boot (recovery) mode. After holding the combination and starting the console, there is a black screen. Only the blue and orange wifi LEDs are on. After reboot it normally boots to homescreen. Godmode and luma works flawlessly. Any ideas?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I have a problem. I have a new 3DS LL from Japan. I did cfw, and changed the region to EU. Everything is ok, but I can't enter safe boot (recovery) mode. After holding the combination and starting the console, there is a black screen. Only the blue and orange wifi LEDs are on. After reboot it normally boots to homescreen. Godmode and luma works flawlessly. Any ideas?
Not sure.. Are you having other issues aside from that? Can you you update the firmware from the system settings?
Btw, since you region changed, you have to do a system format in order for extended memory games to work. Not related to your issue at hand though.

Geometric

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nothing else actually happens. I had a problem with DS network settings before. Going into these settings and then returning to the home screen did the same thing. Black screen. After formatting the system, this error no longer occurs. I can update the system from settings. And yes, i did system format. In addition, to be sure, I copied the Luma files (boot.firm boot.3dsx) again. Nothing, still the same. I have no ideas.
Post automatically merged:

I found something interesting. When I try to enter safe boot, of course it fails and there is a black screen. After restarting the system, in the region settings, the region is set to Japan. Of course, I can change the region to European. And I remind you that the region has been changed with the EU firmware. Do you have any idea now @CoolMe ?

Last edited by Geometric,

Renun

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I have the same problem, don't know what to do. I'm afraid to accidentally update the system due to a pop-up window and I want to go into safe mode to clear the update, but I can't
changed region from japan to eu, console works fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9