Hacking {{N3ds users ONLY}} post your results if you are going to downgrade.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reassurance, man. I know there are files I can delete to get rid of homemenuhax, but I'm still searching through threads to find out which ones.
just change the theme with the SD card out and homemenuhax will no longer work. you can install homemenuhax again and it will install the 9.2 version.

D

Deleted User

just change the theme with the SD card out and homemenuhax will no longer work. you can install homemenuhax again and it will install the 9.2 version.

Eh, I tried that but it didn't let me change the theme without an SD card inserted. I might just delete the whole exdata folder if I can't find what I'm looking for.

D

Deleted User

Try putting it back in and see what happens

I did that, and it had the same result as the first time.

I found what I was looking for here.:

SD:\Nintendo 3DS\*random letters and numbers*\*random letters and numbers again*\extdata\00000000\000002cd (this is your themes data folder)
SD:\Nintendo 3DS\*random letters and numbers*\*random letters and numbers again*\extdata\00000000\0000008f (this is your home menu extdata,it contains home-menu savedata and cached icons for applications)

These are only for US versions, apparently.

I deleted these folders (only after backing them up), re-inserted, and all it had to do was set up the HOME Menu management info again. Well that and I had to unwrap an ungodly amount of things.

Last edited by ,

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrade worked! But WTF I downloaded 9.2.0-20J got 9.1.0-20J??? Well at least it works oh if anyone is wondering it took me over 50 reboots to get it to work

From 8.1J to 10.3J to 9.1J which should of been 9.2j normal size N3ds

Last edited by andre104623,
Reactions: angelus kun

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgraded N3DS 10.3 to 9.2 Successfully on first try and in one go (sysupdater start right away and run smoothly)

3DS model: 10.3.0-28U N3DS XL Zelda Hyrule Edition
Entrypoint: Inronfall Invasion 1.1 - Ironhax 2.5
sysupdater version: sysUpdater-0.4.2b-libkhax-SAFEMODE-priority (from the thread on that common place. Link is on the same line as the firmware package)

Summary of downgrading process:

Change and use default theme -> Delete all network connections -> connect to 1 unsecured WIFI network (my own network)-> transfer updates file and sysupdater.3dsx through Nintendo micro SD management app -> when transfer's complete, run Ironhax 2.5 -> Open RetroArch gamebatte then quit it cleanly (using quite retroarch option) -> run sysupdater -> hit Y button to downgrade -> Wait 5 minutes (Checking mail) -> Profit with a 9.2.0-20U N3DS XL!!!

Other note: This is very clean N3DS XL, just boot up for the first time and updated to 10.3 earlier today, so I could get Ironfall Invasion game for Ironhax 2.5. I have OOThax to get the old Eshop downloader app, so I didn't touch BrowserHax and MenuHax. I don't use OOTHAX directly because terrible boot rate (often hangs at hax debug screen).

aguilaz5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
my console is bricked, when I turn it on, it displays the blue led, but screen is black
is a hard brick? God, this console is new, I buyed yesterday
I dont have any nand backup, any way to fix this brick?

I have a n3ds xl

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my console is bricked, when I turn it on, it displays the blue led, but screen is black
is a hard brick? God, this console is new, I buyed yesterday
I dont have any nand backup, any way to fix this brick?

I have a n3ds xl
if you were using menuhax before, take out the SD card. if it turns on then you just need to remove menuhax.

if that doesn't work, hold L+R+Up+A while turning the console on to go into recovery mode if possible.

aguilaz5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
if you were using menuhax before, take out the SD card. if it turns on then you just need to remove menuhax.

if that doesn't work, hold L+R+Up+A while turning the console on to go into recovery mode if possible.
A is the a key in the right yes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.