ROM Hack N3DS Themes Keeps Removing Itselt When Being Turned Back On?

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello again, I have a strange issue with my N3DS. I've downloaded The Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds Theme as a cia to my N3DS, and it works perfectly except whenever I shut off my 3DS and turn it back on and go back into Gateway mode the theme has been removed and I have to go back to Home Menu Design and Change the Theme back to Link Between Worlds.

Does anyone have a fix for this? I've been searching everywhere and haven't found anyone else with a similar problem?

Ok, I found the solution, does anyone know how to format to unlink SYSNAND from EMUNAND? Is there a draw back to doing this? (sorry I just found the solution not that long ago)

EDIT-I might just find the solution to this problem in the next 15 minutes I'll let you know. . .

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
To unlink the NAND's just format one or the other in System Settings. It's common practice and should be done ASAP after you set up your emuNAND to avoid SD data issues like this one. There are no drawbacks except for the obvious data loss.

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
To unlink the NAND's just format one or the other in System Settings. It's common practice and should be done ASAP after you set up your emuNAND to avoid SD data issues like this one. There are no drawbacks except for the obvious data loss.

Noob question but: How do I format EMUNAND?
Is formatting EMUNAND fine over SYSNAND to unlink? I have a copy of both, but I know EMUNAND is easier to undo.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Noob question but: How do I format EMUNAND?
Is formatting EMUNAND fine over SYSNAND to unlink? I have a copy of both, but I know EMUNAND is easier to undo.

Formatting emuNAND is the exact same process as formatting the sysNAND. Just go to System Settings, then Other Settings, then scroll over to Format System Memory.

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Formatting emuNAND is the exact same process as formatting the sysNAND. Just go to System Settings, then Other Settings, then scroll over to Format System Memory.

I fixed it thank you for everything! I read in other places how to do everything as well.

Dulink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've already unlinked my Sysnad and Emunand, but when i download an update from a game, my themes and DLCs are all uninstalled =(. Anyone knows how stop this?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already unlinked my Sysnad and Emunand, but when i download an update from a game, my themes and DLCs are all uninstalled =(. Anyone knows how stop this?

This is why I have my NAND's linked its also convenient to have access to linked saves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-